Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-11-2016, 07:17 PM   #1

NEEDED!! Pentax k-3 replacement mode dial decal

Hi there,
I am looking for a Pentax k-3 mode dial decal (the disc which has the different mode names). It fell off somewhere during a recent trip. Pentax wants me to send it to precision camera who are asking $306 for a repair. Any help in this matter will be appreciated.
Thanks
G

Last edited by gbandi; 01-12-2016 at 10:22 AM.
01-11-2016, 07:39 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Your only alternative would be to locate a body for parts and carry out the replacement yourself. Might be cheaper to just find another used but working K-5 if you want to stick to that model for now.
01-12-2016, 05:23 AM   #3

Original Poster
Sorry for the confusion. I have a K-3
01-12-2016, 11:49 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ah, whoops. In that case the repair might be your only choice, since a new body would be twice that. You still can't just buy spare parts directly. But other places like KEH might be able to fix your camera for less!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-11-2022, 11:08 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bro, I am frustrated with you. This is idiotic that Ricoh-Pentax does not support the camera with just plain spare parts. My K3-III User Mode dial fell off somewhere, I asked how to get just a replacement dial, and I got the same idiotic reply. "Thank you for your support, past present and future" and then a link to a $406 MINIMUM charge to "repair" the camera. Pretty damn disappointing. Some minimal investment would keep users happy and be a reason for people to get a new Pentax system, instead of just selling to people who already have Pentax glass, and put up with the mediocre autofocus and video because of the stellar stills.