Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-14-2016, 04:42 PM   #1

Pentax K30 return from repair center

the unit will not power up with battery inserted,
after $170 in repairs it does now, was told release switch and diaphragm control block needed to be replaced.
i was using the original pentax battery, i just tried using the dek aftermarket battery and no luck, will not power up, however i bought the knockoff aa battery holder and it works with that though, has anyone else here have this experience with their K30 as well ???
thanks

01-14-2016, 08:39 PM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm not following your story, was it repaired because it would not power up and still does not, or did they fix it? Sounds like worn out batteries. I also had the diaphragm control block replaced on my K-30 under extended warranty, it took forever (I was caught in the CRIS to Precision fiasco, but it was a good repair..

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
battery, camera, k30, pentax, pentax help, pentax k30 return, photography, power, return from repair, troubleshooting