Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-18-2016, 04:10 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Pentax flucard with Motorola moto g

I have been trying, with no success, to connect my Motorola moto g 2015 to my flucard in my K3. I either get a hung message saying... Obtaining IP address or authentication problem. I have no problem connecting an Asus tablet or an old Motorola moto e or even my laptop pc. Has anyone else had a problem connecting to the flucard? Thanks.

01-18-2016, 05:16 PM   #2
Pentaxian

A... Is the wireless turned on in your menu.
B... Are you using 191.168.1.1 in the web browser?
01-18-2016, 06:59 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Oldbayrunner Quote
A... Is the wireless turned on in your menu.
B... Are you using 191.168.1.1 in the web browser?
Yes. Wireless is turned on because I connect to my wireless router. I never get a "connected" out of the flucard
01-18-2016, 07:26 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by krmitchell1055 Quote
Yes. Wireless is turned on because I connect to my wireless router. I never get a "connected" out of the flucard
He meant (I think) is the menu option in your camera for "Wireless Memory Card" set to "FLU/ON?"

If you don't hear little beeps coming from the Flucard itself when you power up the camera, then this option is turned off and you can't connect to a wifi network (the Flucard) that isn't there.

BTW, I have a Moto G and it connects fine to my Flucard and K3. Of course, I just type "http://pentax" into Chrome on the phone once I've chosen the Flucard from available wifi networks.

01-18-2016, 07:52 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Correct.... Also is your flucard in the 2nd slot?
01-18-2016, 09:41 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter

The only time I had an issue with connecting to my Flucard was when I used the native Samsung browser instead of Chrome.
01-20-2016, 07:26 PM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by panoguy Quote
He meant (I think) is the menu option in your camera for "Wireless Memory Card" set to "FLU/ON?"

If you don't hear little beeps coming from the Flucard itself when you power up the camera, then this option is turned off and you can't connect to a wifi network (the Flucard) that isn't there.

BTW, I have a Moto G and it connects fine to my Flucard and K3. Of course, I just type "http://pentax" into Chrome on the phone once I've chosen the Flucard from available wifi networks.
Like I said in the first post, I can connect to the flucard with my Asus tablet and my moto e that I replaced with the moto g. It's just that the moto g won't make the connection. The little wireless symbol on the k3 goes gray, my moto g recognizes the flucard, it just won't finish making the connection. It will show that it's acquiring the IP address but that's all
03-18-2016, 12:58 PM   #8

QuoteOriginally posted by krmitchell1055 Quote
Like I said in the first post, I can connect to the flucard with my Asus tablet and my moto e that I replaced with the moto g. It's just that the moto g won't make the connection. The little wireless symbol on the k3 goes gray, my moto g recognizes the flucard, it just won't finish making the connection. It will show that it's acquiring the IP address but that's all
I have a Moto G and it also won't connect to my Flu, I just got a Moto X Pure and it also won't connect. But it will connect to my Nexus 7 and Mac computer. I have the same issue, it says that it's still obtaining an IP address on the phone but never makes the connection as a wi-fi network.

03-19-2016, 06:40 AM   #9

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Juwong182 Quote
I have a Moto G and it also won't connect to my Flu, I just got a Moto X Pure and it also won't connect. But it will connect to my Nexus 7 and Mac computer. I have the same issue, it says that it's still obtaining an IP address on the phone but never makes the connection as a wi-fi network.
I wonder if Motorola could tell us why they won't connect?
11-08-2016, 12:37 PM   #10

Unfortunately, the problem still exists. Both a moto x Style and a Moto G 3rth gen won't connect. My Xperia Z connects without any problem.

I don't get an IP address.
11-08-2016, 01:01 PM   #11
Veteran Member

do you have Composition Adjust (Camera menu 3/Live View/Composition Adjust.) Unchecked? I had the problem for weeks for my kindle. Although that would connect and let me take a photo but I couldn't see anything
11-09-2016, 12:48 PM   #12

unfortunately, the problem is related to my Moto phones. I'm now in contact with them what this problem can be and how to fix it. All other wifi devices are working without any problem.
11-16-2016, 11:22 AM   #13

Motorola checked what was going wrong and I send them some logs. I got the next reaction:

"We would like to inform you that in reviewing the log we can see that the phone is failing to get a response from the Flucard during the 4 way handshake. This problem will be resolved in the future Android Nougat update."

So, the only thing I can do is wait for the update, but it's great that Moto knows the problem and will fix it.