Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-23-2016, 04:54 PM   #1

Kx LCD monitor looking a bit beat up

My son and I have used my Kx in a lot of different places and I have begun to notice a fair amount of knicks and marks on the monitor screen. I don't have a lot of confidence in those scratch fixers to buff them out.

I wanted to know if anyone has had any luck replacing the LCD screen on their Pentax. The part is not that expensive. But, I have not dismantled a DSLR before.

Thanks for any suggestions.

01-23-2016, 07:17 PM   #2
Veteran Member

This wont help with the current problem but will make any future damage easily and inexpensively repairable. Buy a ridged stick on LCD Screen protector they come in kits for both top & back LCD screens. If something happens you just heat slightly and pull off. They don't cost much I get them from the Orient for under $20 and they don't interfere with the operation of the camera in any way.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, dslr, kx, lcd, lot, monitor, photography, screen