Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-25-2016, 03:23 PM   #16

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
An optional, but recommended, factory grease to apply before contacting repair services...

---------- Post added 01-24-16 at 09:40 PM ----------

While we wait for the OP's answer.. 7 is just above y on a qwerty keyboard.. so guessing K-7
Can you explain about the factory grease? Also I found new firmware for the K-x. Also I have 3 sets of Eneloops batteries.

01-25-2016, 04:20 PM   #17
mee
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by sissy64sonny Quote
Can you explain about the factory grease? Also I found new firmware for the K-x. Also I have 3 sets of Eneloops batteries.
That was my lame joke at K-y which is also the name of a personal lubricant...
01-25-2016, 04:59 PM   #18
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Eneloops and the latest firmeare is the best you are going to get with the k-x. Personally I just ignored the battery warning as it was unreliable. I always swapped batteries at the end of the day so I had a fresh set.
Worked me. YMMV.

If you cannot live with the battery reporting then it is time for a new camera. K--50 will be fine. It uses rechargeable batteries but will optionally use AA with a battery tray.
01-25-2016, 05:30 PM   #19
Site Supporter

What kind of batteries are you using. If you use Rechargeable NiMH batteries get the eneloop sanyo charger. 99% of battery chargers are garbage and ruin batteries quick.

01-25-2016, 06:24 PM   #20
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Any of the recent pentaxes will be an upgrade. The k-3 is magical compared to the k-x, if you can, go for that (with the lcd turned off, I get around 1000+ shots on a single charge. Ymmv). Failing that, a k-s2 (slightly smaller battery than the k-3, but still better battery life than the k-x) or k5iis.

If budget is a concern, then the k-s1 is an option. It's got a similar build quality to the k-x, but the camera internals are a huge leap up from the k-x. (Smaller than the k-x, great viewfinder and image quality, and the high ISO performance is the best you can get - along with the k-s2).