Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-26-2016, 06:28 PM   #1

K-30 is locked ON

My K-30 is locked ON. The ON-OFF switch does not work and will not shut off the camera. Any ideas to shut it off. There is an SD card in the camera with photos on the card. Thanks

01-26-2016, 06:29 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Remove battery.
Charge battery.
Put battery back in.
Problem solved
01-26-2016, 06:33 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What he said.
The camera can occasionally get stuck on. Just pull the battery.

Check your firmware and update if needed.
01-26-2016, 06:41 PM - 1 Like   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Once the files are written the SD card is very robust with respect to files. So if you can enter playback and see the files they are there. Exit playback and shut down by pulling the battery and then put a freshly charged one in after you backup your SD card.

if that does not work (on off still a problem...) then report back and we'll come up with more ideas...

01-26-2016, 06:46 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
Remove battery.
Charge battery.
Put battery back in.
Problem solved
Thanks. I have waited to remove the battery as I do not want to lose the pictures on the SD card. Been hoping for a push some buttons and it will force it to quit.
01-26-2016, 06:48 PM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Once the files are written the SD card is very robust with respect to files. So if you can enter playback and see the files they are there. Exit playback and shut down by pulling the battery and then put a freshly charged one in after you backup your SD card.

if that does not work (on off still a problem...) then report back and we'll come up with more ideas...
Thanks. It is stuck on one picture file. I hate to lose the pictures if just pulling the battery should cause that to happen. Was hoping for a "hold this button and that button to force it to shut down".
01-26-2016, 09:31 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by weigs Quote
Thanks. It is stuck on one picture file. I hate to lose the pictures if just pulling the battery should cause that to happen. Was hoping for a "hold this button and that button to force it to shut down".
Stuck displaying, saving or editing? If displaying you are likely ok.

01-27-2016, 11:07 AM   #8

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Stuck displaying, saving or editing? If displaying you are likely ok.
Thanks. It was just a display, not saving or editing. I did just remove the battery and put a fresh one in and all is working again. I am an old Spotmatic film camera guy, so I kind expect my cameras to always work! The tech world is much more complicated as we know. Weigs