Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-28-2016, 02:24 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
135mm sears for pentax

I recently bought(used, of course) a sears manual 135mm lens F-2.8 It looks great, clean and sharp, as well as very well built. It is one of those that has a three step MACRO feature. Many folks have said something about "removing a PIN" from the lens, before using it on any Pentax DSLR. What are those folks talking about? and how does one remove said pin?

01-28-2016, 02:30 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Here is one thread: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/10-pentax-slr-lens-discussion/293991-infamous-ricoh-pin.html

Search on "Ricoh pin" or "infamous Ricoh pin". Many lenses marked Sears were made by Ricoh. I've no idea whether that lens has the pin or if so whether it would be a problem, not all are.
01-28-2016, 03:06 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Original Poster
sears 135

thanks for the favor of a response. I have<subsequently, read that the one I have, marked with "PK" on the aperture ring, does not have the RICOH pin. So I'm good to go, but thanks again for your response. Tell me, have you found this forum as legit and useful as the UHH forum and others? I'm 98% all pentax, and the uhh forum seems to strictly stroke the egos of canon & nikon folks. RJM
01-28-2016, 03:28 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Great little lens. Have fun with it!

01-29-2016, 11:02 AM   #5
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by photoramone Quote
Tell me, have you found this forum as legit and useful as the UHH forum and others?
I will jump in here to affirm that for Pentax, both current and vintage, this forum is one of the best resources on the Web and very legit. As a forum, it is also one of the most helpful with most inquiries and questions being addressed within hours of being posted. One of the nicest things is the depth of photography experience found here. That experience spans multiple brands and formats such that there is a general enthusiasm for good tools regardless of the label on the front.

Steve
01-29-2016, 12:23 PM   #6
Site Supporter

Tell me, have you found this forum as legit and useful as the UHH forum and others? I'm 98% all pentax, and the uhh forum seems to strictly stroke the egos of canon & nikon folks.
I've no idea what an UHH forum is, I really only hang out here. But I'll agree with Steve 100%, the depth of experience in photography on this forum is amazing. Yes, it is a Pentax forum, but the fanboyism is kept to a minimum and most are more interested in photography than pushing a brand. That said, the experience, history and resources on this forum are invaluable to anyone using Pentax gear.
01-29-2016, 12:50 PM - 1 Like   #7
amateur dirt farmer...

I am only guessing here, but I think that UHH would be the Ugly HedgeHog forum..... I used to be a regular reader/follower there and finally had to give it up due to the full-on negativity and harassment that is allowed on that forum...
01-29-2016, 03:17 PM   #8
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Full on negativity

I've noticed the ugly Hedge hog "competitive NASTY," and unbridled mean-ness. Some of the folks there are also Pentax folks, and lots of the people know what they're talking about. So I still go ther, mostly. I wouldn't mind becoming a bit more FAMILIAR with the PENTAX forum, and it only makes sense, really since all 3 of my dslrs are recent itterations of Pentax, All of my (20 or so) lenses are K-mount and 98% Pentax made. I have had and known OTHER camera brands, but have never found something better than how I feel about PENTAX.

01-30-2016, 07:34 AM   #9
amateur dirt farmer...

I've noticed the ugly Hedge hog "competitive NASTY," and unbridled mean-ness. Some of the folks there are also Pentax folks, and lots of the people know what they're talking about. So I still go ther, mostly. I wouldn't mind becoming a bit more FAMILIAR with the PENTAX forum, and it only makes sense, really since all 3 of my dslrs are recent itterations of Pentax, All of my (20 or so) lenses are K-mount and 98% Pentax made. I have had and known OTHER camera brands, but have never found something better than how I feel about PENTAX.
I think you'll find, as you spend more time here on PF and get more comfortable, you'll be spending less there... I haven't logged-in there in probably 6-8 months....