Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-28-2016, 04:57 PM   #1

k-50 lens cap

Hello everyone.
I have a question regarding lens caps for a k-50. I just lost the cap for my da l 18-55,50-200wr lens. How do I find out what replacement cap to purchase? Since I'm fairly new to the photography world I assumed the cap from my 18-55mm WR f3.5-5.6 would fit it but it does not.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Tim

01-28-2016, 05:25 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The DA L 18-55mm (non WR) and the WR version actually have different caps and filter sizes. The WR version is smaller.

You'll want the O-LC52 (or any generic 52mm cap) for the 18-55mm, and O-LC49 (or any generic 49mm cap) for the 50-200mm WR.

SMC Pentax-DA L 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL Reviews - DA L Zoom Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database
SMC Pentax-DA 50-200mm F4-5.6 ED WR Reviews - DA Zoom Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

01-28-2016, 05:32 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by timg68 Quote
How do I find out what replacement cap to purchase?
If you want the official Pentax cap, Adam gave you the model number. But any generic cap will work as long as it is the proper size. Lens caps are sized by the filter thread of the lens. This is marked on the lens someplace usually with a little symbol that looks like a zero with a line through it.
01-28-2016, 05:33 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Go to "Deal Extreme" and buy the caps with center pinch. IMHO, functionally, they are better than stock Pentax caps.

Since they are so inexpensive, buy some spares too.

Example: 52mm lens cap.