Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-31-2016, 01:43 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by stefantuchila Quote
thank you for your answer, what I'm trying to replicate is the color in DNG preview whici corresponds with the "real" colors observed when the picture was made

I totally understand the difference between the Pentax modes (Bright, Landscape,etc) and the color profiles (sRGB ,etc), I was thinking that my problem has something to do with the "Camera Profile" under "Color Calibration" in Camera Raw... At this moment I have 2 options: Embedded and Adobe Standard and neither work. Nor playing with the settings below .... whatever I do I never get the same tones of red.
Would huelight profiles help? I have considered purchasing myself, but have yet to do it

01-31-2016, 02:00 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Stefan, it seems to me you have several options*, but I'm not sure which would be the most attractive to you.

1, Don't use lightroom/acr to develop your files. Use an alternative image processor such as acdsee or Capture 1 (C1 is in my opinion the best raw converter available) or DXO optics pro
2, if you must use LR for whatever reason don't use the Adobe profile, it is just not accurate, select the 'embedded' profile to get closer.
3, download and use the huelight profile for your camera.
4, develop your own profiles using a dedicated target and software such as colour checker passport. This will give you the closest result to the actual lighting conditions. Take a photo of the target in the same light as the image and use the software to convert the colours.

* By which I mean options as you dont seem to like DCU

Last edited by wizofoz; 01-31-2016 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Clarity
01-31-2016, 02:34 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Murfy Quote
Would huelight profiles help? I have considered purchasing myself, but have yet to do it
I use Huelight profiles and though I haven't analyzied how accurate they are, they looked better, and that was enough for me. The latest version is even better than when I first purchased it.

I just tried Embedded and Adobe Profile vs. Huelight, looking mainly at reds and to me, the reds pop more and look much nicer.
01-31-2016, 04:17 PM   #19
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Murfy Quote
No - the issue the OP has is that they want to replicate the colour / contrast balance they are getting from in-camera JPEG previews in post-processing of DNG files... Huelight profiles may (or may not) help the user get an unprocessed RAW image imported into Lightroom closer to what the camera thinks it captured as RAW.