Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-11-2016, 09:02 AM   #16
csa
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BarnowlAnnie Quote
I wonder if I should buy an extended warranty for it. What do you all think?
Since you are still within the time limit (30 days I think), I would definitely buy an extended warranty. It's very cheap insurance!

02-11-2016, 09:06 AM   #17
csa
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jbinpg Quote
have had the DA*300/4 since shortly after its release to market. I have only had one problem with it after I managed to bend out the gold contacts on the body side of the lens mount. There needs to be absolute continuity between the lens and those two gold contacts for the lens to perform well. If not, all kinds of weird things can happen. So check the contacts on both the lens and camera body to see if everything is fine before sending it back.
Since the OP can return it for an exchange, I would not recommend doing this, as this could interfer with the return; especially if one was broken off, or bent too badly while attempting to work with them.
02-11-2016, 09:46 PM   #18

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bewatek Quote
Oh i'm sorry i should have made clear that those are just promotional pictures from Pentax to advertise their weather resistance.

Both my pictures and myself look far less impressive But my DA*300 has been in far worse conditions than the lenses in these pictures!
Lol, no problem, sorry about my mistake! I'm glad to hear it is such a reliable lens. I don't abuse my stuff, but I don't want to run away from rain and snow. That's what first made me look at Pentax.

---------- Post added 02-11-16 at 09:52 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
Since you are still within the time limit (30 days I think), I would definitely buy an extended warranty. It's very cheap insurance!
Thank you, I think I will. After testing it more in my house I do think something is wrong with it. I've also been using my 55-200 just to compare and try to confirm what I am thinking.