Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-16-2016, 04:14 AM   #16
Pentaxian
cxdoo's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Limassol, Cyprus
Posts: 1,116
Beholder dude I'm with you on this one. Too many serious folks here swallowing hook line and sinker from the troll OP.

02-16-2016, 04:15 AM - 1 Like   #17
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter
pepperberry farm's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: probably out in a field somewhere...
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 28,777
adds to his 'ignore' file.....
02-16-2016, 04:23 AM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
BigMackCam's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: North-East of England
Posts: 16,960
QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
adds to his 'ignore' file.....
Actually, how does the "Ignore" function work here? I've never actually added anyone to my ignore list... I just do it manually by not reading what they post, if I'm so inclined... but I'm interested to know if it actually reduces the noise? Surely it'll only mean I don't see threads started by an ignored user, but I'll still see their responses in threads - right?
02-16-2016, 04:25 AM   #19
Pentaxian




Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 2,980
QuoteOriginally posted by cxdoo Quote
Beholder dude I'm with you on this one. Too many serious folks here swallowing hook line and sinker from the troll OP.
...



02-16-2016, 04:43 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,008
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Actually, how does the "Ignore" function work here? I've never actually added anyone to my ignore list... I just do it manually by not reading what they post, if I'm so inclined... but I'm interested to know if it actually reduces the noise? Surely it'll only mean I don't see threads started by an ignored user, but I'll still see their responses in threads - right?
This whole forum has to have the lowest troll-to-honest post ratio of any board I have ever seen. Remarkable accomplishment.
02-16-2016, 06:25 AM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
jlstrawman's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Midwest US
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 972
QuoteOriginally posted by SOldBear Quote
Request to Admin: Please give us a way to "thumb down" a post.
Ignore works very well for me. Another one on the growing list. Using ignore makes reading the forum so much more pleasant.
02-16-2016, 06:28 AM   #22
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter
pepperberry farm's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: probably out in a field somewhere...
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 28,777
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Actually, how does the "Ignore" function work here? I've never actually added anyone to my ignore list... I just do it manually by not reading what they post, if I'm so inclined... but I'm interested to know if it actually reduces the noise? Surely it'll only mean I don't see threads started by an ignored user, but I'll still see their responses in threads - right?

when you list a person on your 'ignore' list, you don't see their posts in threads - their post is replaced with a statement that the post is not shown due to them being on your 'ignore' list and you have to option to view it...


what I find invaluable is the fact that if that person starts a thread, you won't see it in the forums at all - this is nice for me, since I put the chronic nay-sayers, idiots, Debbie-downers, etc on my list and I deal with their irritations only if I want to, rather than having to sort through their dreck whenever I open the forum....

02-16-2016, 07:24 AM - 1 Like   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
BigMackCam's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: North-East of England
Posts: 16,960
QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
when you list a person on your 'ignore' list, you don't see their posts in threads - their post is replaced with a statement that the post is not shown due to them being on your 'ignore' list and you have to option to view it...


what I find invaluable is the fact that if that person starts a thread, you won't see it in the forums at all - this is nice for me, since I put the chronic nay-sayers, idiots, Debbie-downers, etc on my list and I deal with their irritations only if I want to, rather than having to sort through their dreck whenever I open the forum....
Sounds useful. Thanks for that!
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, flagship, pentax help, photography, sports, sports photographers, troubleshooting, video
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Upgrade from K-5 to K-3 or Fuji XT1 or Oly EM1 zVratko Pentax DSLR Discussion 34 11-01-2014 11:56 AM
For Sale - Sold: Focusingscreens.com EE-S Screen for K-3, K-5, K-5II, K-7, K-30, K-50 & K-500 Aperturae Sold Items 6 10-06-2014 06:49 AM
For Sale - Sold: KatzEye Split-Prism Focusing Screen - for K-3, K-5, K-5II, K-7, K-30, K-50 & K-500 Eyewanders Sold Items 7 04-15-2014 08:35 PM
ACDSee Pro 7.1 update with Support for K-3 NKK Digital Processing, Software, and Printing 2 04-10-2014 07:17 PM
which is better? 28/3.5 M or K Davidex Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 3 08-11-2009 08:26 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:59 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top