Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-19-2016, 06:20 AM   #46

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by excanonfd Quote
That's right, I forgot about the need to ground the data pin by scratching off the anodizing on the black lens mount, sorry about that. I haven't used the AT-22 after I acquired the AT-23.
I have some 1/4" wide copper tape (from Ebay) and that seems to work (and don't have to scratch paint off):

02-19-2016, 08:48 AM   #47
Pentaxian

I think you're set. Now go out and take lots of photos
02-19-2016, 01:43 PM   #48
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ohaya Quote
I have some 1/4" wide copper tape (from Ebay) and that seems to work (and don't have to scratch paint off):
All I had then was the 2" wide aluminum duct tape which I cut up into small pieces to do as you did but I found it to be too thick. Subsequently, when the tube is mounted/dismounted repeatedly, the foil tape would start shifting ever so slightly and the sticky adhesive would become exposed. Faced with the possibility of contaminating the body mount with sticky adhesive, I decided not to take that chance and scratch off the anodizing/paint from the tubes instead.
02-19-2016, 01:50 PM   #49

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by excanonfd Quote
All I had then was the 2" wide aluminum duct tape which I cut up into small pieces to do as you did but I found it to be too thick. Subsequently, when the tube is mounted/dismounted repeatedly, the foil tape would start shifting ever so slightly and the sticky adhesive would become exposed. Faced with the possibility of contaminating the body mount with sticky adhesive, I decided not to take that chance and scratch off the anodizing/paint from the tubes instead.
I was kind of worried about what you describe, but so far, it looks ok. Then again, I haven't had time to unmount and remount the extension tubes a bunch of times (yet )!. I'm hoping/thinking that the narrower tape I used (I actually have some 1/8" tape also, but opted for the 1/4" tape) may be thin enough so I don't have that kind of problem. I am actually thinking that I may take an Xacto knife to trim the tape a bit, the 1/4" tape kind of hangs over the edge of the mount. We'll see if I get the energy maybe this weekend.

Later,
Jim