Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
02-25-2016, 09:35 PM   #16

The one piece of advice I'd give you is that if you're going to be shooting a wedding and especially if you haven't done one before, you practice and know for sure the things that will work.

When we got married many years ago, we relied on a bunch of friends, including some that were supposedly sophisticated shooters, to cover the wedding. We had like 6 or 7 of them, and guess what? NONE of their stuff was any good. This was in the old days of film and 35mm, but most of the pics were underexposed, overexposed or blurred. The only good pictures we have of our wedding are the "formals" that were taken by a professional that we hired, and to today, my wife is still ticked off about it. The thing with a wedding is that.... you don't get a 2nd chance to do a re-shoot ....

02-26-2016, 04:47 PM   #17

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by trishytee Quote
Usually when I am shooting birds, I set the shutter and f stop and use Tav mode and let the ISO do it's thing which is great when the birds flit around so much.
I am doing a wedding shortly and I want to shoot most the outside action on f2.8 so I was going to shoot on AV but in this mode I thought the iso would also be automatic along with the shutter speed? Am I wrong with this thought? So would I be better choosing the tav the way I do with birds? I have the k3.
As for the inside shots, I wouldn't mind some advice on how to best use the flash. Would one of the mini soft boxes be a way to go?
thanks in advance.
I don't have a K-3, but I own a K-5. As far as I understand, their handling seems to be pretty comparable. You can customize what the wheels and green button do in any shooting mode in the menus. This is how I set it up: One control wheel sets the aperture, the other one changes ISO to any fixed value I want. Green button takes ISO back to automatic. I am not sure if that's even the default setting (long time ago and I really got used to it as I think it's the setup that makes the most sense). Just dial in Av and try what the green button does. If it doesn't activate auto-ISO, dive into the menu.