Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 44 Likes Search this Thread
03-01-2016, 01:13 PM   #31
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Just1MoreDave Quote
I was going to ask you the same question, because your issue seems pretty vague, so our answers are also vague. It's hard to tell if you are doing something wrong or the camera is.
Thanks for giving this observation voice. I did not offer assistance because there was nothing to go with. If a person can't get reasonable results even using the basic instructions in the user manual, there is either a problem with the camera or the manual is in a language that the user has poor skills with.

At times I wish there was a sticky with the steps similar to those I suggested to a K-3 user with similar complaints:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/58-troubleshooting-beginner-help/314585-s...ml#post3552646

Steve

03-06-2016, 05:59 PM   #32
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BANKatBULL Quote
hi & thks for your"contribution".
Would you be so kind to be more specif to the cause at hand ,pls.
Once again,thks-u.
Well Bull, I am trying to help you, and so are the others here...and plenty more not here but available for you. As for me, I am certainly not the best qualified to give you instructional advice, but fear not, we have plenty here that are and are patient and will guide you through any specific problems you are encountering. As for the squirrel...he doesn't know a damn thing about cameras or photography, but is excellent at giving out awards!

Best Regards & Good Luck...but if you take advantage of the help here at PForums you won't need much luck!
05-20-2016, 08:30 AM   #33

Original Poster
Hope for the better.

WELL AFTER 3 / 4 MONTHS,I AM STILL NOT HAPPY WITH THIS CAMERA.
I'M USING THE K-30 AND THE OLD SMC K-MOUNT LENSES.
I'VE MADE THE SECOND SETTING TO-DAY.
THIS IS THE e.PROGRAMMING OF THE GREEN BUTTON .
O.K.THAT DONE.
HOPE FOR THE BETTER.
05-22-2016, 04:43 AM   #34
Banned

The K-30 is incredible camera, reall!

05-22-2016, 06:25 AM   #35
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
It seems unlikely to me at this point that the camera is the problem, but if you are convinced that is the case, then it's probably time to try something else.
05-22-2016, 07:13 AM - 1 Like   #36
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

300 pages of manual & the photocorrection soft ware is same.
You don't have to read the entire 300 pages at one time; that will further confuse you. When I get a different camera, I choose the parts of the manual that address what specific thing I'm trying to do with the camera at that time. Over time, it ends up actually reading and understanding the entire manual.

Perhaps if you would be more specific as to why you are disappointed with the K30; such as images too light, too dark, out of focus, etc.;; then the members could offer more specific help.

BTW, the members here are most gracious, and will get you using & enjoying your K30, is you'll just share a bit more information on your photos from it.
05-22-2016, 07:18 AM   #37
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

WELL AFTER 3 / 4 MONTHS,I AM STILL NOT HAPPY WITH THIS CAMERA.
I'M USING THE K-30 AND THE OLD SMC K-MOUNT LENSES.
I'VE MADE THE SECOND SETTING TO-DAY.
THIS IS THE e.PROGRAMMING OF THE GREEN BUTTON .
O.K.THAT DONE.
HOPE FOR THE BETTER.
Please share & be more specific as to why you are not happy with the camera! Just saying you're not happy, does not give the members anything to help them understand why you are not happy! Post some of the photos you do not like; at least that way more specific suggestions could be given. We cannot help when we don't know WHY you're unhappy with it!

05-22-2016, 12:26 PM   #38
Veteran Member

I loved my K30. Fabulous camera. Stick with it.
05-24-2016, 04:17 PM   #39
Des
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Just1MoreDave Quote
Just to show how easy it is to do something wrong, I took these examples from my latest trip photos. I have a lot of experience but anyone can screw up or go beyond the limits of the camera. I think these represent the most common problems.
Great post Dave. Very helpful for people starting out, and even people with some experience can learn something (I learnt about single-channel overexposure!).

Plenty of patient, polite and informative responses in this thread. PF is a good place.

Last edited by Des; 05-24-2016 at 04:23 PM.
05-25-2016, 03:31 AM   #40

Original Poster
HELLO EVERYONE & THKS FOR YOUR KIND RESPONSE /HELP.
I'LL POST SOME PICS SOON...BUT WHAT WRONG WITH THIS CAMERA.
1.)FOCUSING & 2.) NO OVER/UNDEREXPOSED INDICATION.
B BACK SOONEST.RGDS
VICTOR from MALTA
05-25-2016, 02:00 PM   #41
Veteran Member

Well, if I recall, you are using manual lenses. Have you set up the menu for focus peaking ?
Also, I question if you have looked at the manual or not, the K-30 has the ability to set up over/underexposure (The blikies) so your question is not correct in that regard. Of course, you need to be in live view for both focus peaking and over/underexposure indicators but I would assume you would know that since the OVF will not show either...or maybe you don't know that.
09-18-2016, 03:26 PM   #42

Original Poster
Less than a year ago,i asked a friend on mine buy me a Pentax K-30
from amazon co.uk.(cameramarket.co.uk) .
I chose Pentax because I still have the old manual lenses I can use.
However after 6 months I started experiencing this mirror problem.
The seller accepted to repair.
After one month,the camera was sent back to MALTA stating that nothing was wrong with the camera.
However,during the month stay at the seller,he did mention that they came
across the same problem.
I've used over the week-end and the same problem re-surfaced.

ANY HELP PLEASE?

THANK-YOU
09-18-2016, 04:10 PM   #43
Des
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

However after 6 months I started experiencing this mirror problem. ... I've used over the week-end and the same problem re-surfaced.
Please describe precisely what the problem is, and post sample images if possible.

Also follow the detailed instrructions in this thread, to check whether you are experiencing aperture block failure: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/151-pentax-k-30-k-50/315725-dark-exposure...-me-first.html
09-19-2016, 01:04 PM   #44

Original Poster
HI DES & ALL,
THE PROBLEM IS THAT THE MIRROR GETS STUCK.
I USE THE OLD PENTAX MANUAL LENSES.
THAT IS WHY I BOUGHT PENTAX........K-30.
THE SELLER e.MAILED ME AND TOLD ME TO USE THE NEW "A"LENSES!
I DO NOT WISH TO BUY/USE SUCH LENSES.
THAT,FOR ME,GOES AGAINST THE PENTAX SPIRIT! YES?

ANY HELP OUT THERE,PLEASE?
THKS.
RGDS
09-19-2016, 01:34 PM - 1 Like   #45
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
HI DES & ALL
Get rid of the caps lock, and we'll take you more seriously. Pretty please.
Closed Thread