Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-19-2016, 01:58 PM   #46

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Zafar Iqbal Quote
Get rid of the caps lock, and we'll take you more seriously. Pretty please.
Sorry mate.
Any suggestions,please?
Thanks.

09-19-2016, 02:29 PM - 1 Like   #47
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BANKatBULL Quote
Sorry mate.
Any suggestions,please?
Thanks.
How about only discussing this issue on one thread?

Steve
09-19-2016, 04:51 PM - 1 Like   #48
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
People have been trying so hard to help this guy, but it's been a painful, disjointed process. I think he needs to spend some time with his K-30 manual, and with a beginners photography book.
09-19-2016, 08:01 PM   #49
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Edgar_in_Indy Quote
People have been trying so hard to help this guy, but it's been a painful, disjointed process. I think he needs to spend some time with his K-30 manual, and with a beginners photography book.
Despite the strangeness of his post history on this site, I believe he has a real problem at this point. Unfortunately, it is not going to be solved on this forum regardless of how many posts are made or new threads started. He needs to convince whoever is supposed to provide warranty service on his camera that it is broken and should be fixed.

It occurred to me this afternoon that he may not be aware that Ricoh/Pentax does not operate this site nor do they routinely monitor posts here or subsidize this site in any manner. If he want to influence Ricoh/Pentax directly, the moderated Facebook page may be a better place to post.

https://www.facebook.com/RicohImaging/

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 09-19-2016 at 08:10 PM.
09-19-2016, 10:27 PM   #50
Veteran Member

I'd send it away for a service if the mirror is sticking. The lenses used have no effect on the issues you have.
09-20-2016, 03:01 AM   #51
Veteran Member

Hi Victor, have you looked at the information already posted by Adam? https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/58-troubleshooting-beginner-help/110658-u...x-dslrs-f.html

Nobody will be able to help you online, if you can't give more detailed information about what exactly you have a problem with...describe in detail, step by step what you do, and also include some of the photo's taken. That might help all of us to identify possible problems and solutions to your problems.

Although it can be frustrating to move from film to digital, if you just have some patience, take some time and study the problem, google around a bit etc, you'll find that once you master it, it will become a very satisfying experience....
06-01-2017, 01:44 AM   #52

Original Poster
So after having the Pentax K-30 since January 2016;having it exchanged for a new one last August 2016 due to mirror getting stuck I am convinced that the results are very poor.
My wife's €100 Nokia smartphone and the old compact Sony DSC-W7 produce far better pictures.Ihave also "attended"photo classes with most people having different camera brands than mine.The non-Pentax pictures are superior!
Yesterday I meet an aircraft engineer with a number of years using Pentax.We exchanged gear ;the main difference being the lenses'cause I still use the old PENTAX SMC lenses.
The results were similiar with not much difference visible between the two.
Last point I wish to make,this guy told me that is not keen taking his Pentax kit when say going to our sister island GOZO,a haven for photography,but he is more comfortable with his mobile,one PLUS 3.A far cry from what I would have done if my PENTAX ME SUPER is still alve.I used to carry around everywhere!!!

Last edited by BANKatBULL; 06-01-2017 at 01:53 AM.
06-01-2017, 02:14 AM - 1 Like   #53
Pentaxian

So after having the Pentax K-30 since January 2016;having it exchanged for a new one last August 2016 due to mirror getting stuck I am convinced that the results are very poor.
My wife's €100 Nokia smartphone and the old compact Sony DSC-W7 produce far better pictures.Ihave also "attended"photo classes with most people having different camera brands than mine.The non-Pentax pictures are superior!
Yesterday I meet an aircraft engineer with a number of years using Pentax.We exchanged gear ;the main difference being the lenses'cause I still use the old PENTAX SMC lenses.
Last point I wish to make,this guy told me that is not keen taking his Pentax kit when say going to our sister island GOZO,a haven for photography,but he is more comfortable with his mobile,one PLUS 3.A far cry from what I would have done if my PENTAX ME SUPER is still alve.I used to carry around everywhere!!!
Where are your pictures? You haven't shown anything taken with your camera and from what I read it took you 3-4 months just to enable manual lenses on your K-30! (that is to change the setting from A to B).

Have you tried your K-30 with AF lenses or just manual lenses? Do you have any pictures to show us? There is no mobile phone that can take better pictures than a camera, but there are many photographers who can take better pictures with mobile phones than people who use a camera without knowing anything about it and photgraphy in general.

Last edited by redpit; 06-01-2017 at 03:31 AM.
06-01-2017, 02:50 AM - 1 Like   #54
Pentaxian

May I offer a suggestion ? Don't get angry at your mistakes / failures / unexpected results (or however you wish to term them), but try to learn from them. Look at them, see what displeases you about them, work out what caused it. Maybe dedicate a day, a half-day, an hour even, to taking multiple photos of the same subject at all the different settings you can find, changing them in a logical sequence, to see whether you can find a compromise ? No need to write down the details, as in the days of film, as it will all be in the EXIF data. If, after that, you are still having issues, then at least you will be able to post some images here in the hope that constructive comments may be able to help you. As has been said, without images to look at, it is not easy for us to get a handle on a problem which is still, after almost eighteen months, causing you distress.
06-01-2017, 02:56 AM   #55
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
My wife's €100 Nokia smartphone and the old compact Sony DSC-W7 produce far better pictures.Ihave also "attended"photo classes with most people having different camera brands than mine.
Here are other people's K-30 pictures, BANKatBULL.

Why can't you take ones like them?

Post Your K-30 Photos Here - PentaxForums.com
06-01-2017, 03:10 AM   #56
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The K30 is a fine camera. It is capable of automatic modes and it has the ability to grow with a photographer if they choose to learn and want to do more than just auto modes. I do think the most important thing is to figure out what is going wrong with your current images. It may just be that you want more saturation and sharpening than most SLRs offer at baseline. This is what cell phone cameras do and people do tend to like that for some reason. It may be that you have too little depth of field and are used to having a lot more with cell phone camera images.

If you post images here, people will gladly try to help you use your camera to get the most out of it and achieve your vision, but just repeating statements about how terrible it is compared to cell phone cameras probably won't help a whole lot.
06-01-2017, 03:56 AM - 5 Likes   #57
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hi Victor

I am sorry, but I find your post peculiar to the extreme. Here's a forum with literally thousands of members who shoot Pentax and other cameras, who have been trying to help you. Yet, you come along and post sweeping generalised statements like
My wife's €100 Nokia smartphone and the old compact Sony DSC-W7 produce far better pictures.
or
The non-Pentax pictures are superior!
So, as I say, thousands of users who shoot with every conceivable Pentax camera and probably virtually every lens ever made, and we must, surely, all be insane, believing that our Pentax cameras can take a half decent photo.

On top of that, notwithstanding your 20 posts, mostly along a similar vein, you have not posted a single photo to these forums to show what problems you are supposedly experiencing.

I will say this once, and politely: I will not have you brand-bash Pentax without providing proof of your particular problem(s) in the form of photographs posted. If you cannot, or do not wish to learn how to use a camera more complicated than a smartphone or a compact, then perhaps you need to consider that you may have purchased the wrong tool. After all, the aim is to produce good photographs. That choice is yours. But, by all means, post your photos if you want to improve your skills. There are many members here who would love to help you.

Good luck.

Kind regards,
Mark

Last edited by MarkJerling; 06-01-2017 at 04:02 AM.
06-01-2017, 06:26 AM   #58
Veteran Member

BANKatBULL: You need to show photos and explain better what exactly you are unhappy with. You might also want to show photos of something you think looks better. that way we might be able to relate better to your problem.

I'm starting to think you are unhappy with how the photos look. If so, you can try the different color/processing settings in the camera or, edit the photos on the computer.

My K-3 II broke so I had to use K-30 along with another K-3 II for a job. I see no huge difference in the photos and even forgot which photos was shot with what camera.

The hot-shoe on my K-3 II broke off so I used my older K-30 along with another K-3 II for a job. The photos look similar and I even forgot which photo was shot with what camera. Had to look it up to see
06-01-2017, 07:18 AM   #59
Pentaxian

Troll or not, he deserves our sympathy.

If he is, then his life must be incredibly lacking in stimulation. If he is not, then as he has asked for assistance, we should try to help. Is it possible that his K-30 body is suffering from the notorious Aperture Block failure ?

On the other hand, if he is seriously under-impressed with the camera, I am willing to take it off his hands free of charge, provided he pays postage.
06-01-2017, 07:52 AM - 1 Like   #60
Veteran Member

This thread is the gift that keeps on giving! You apparently are simply not capable at this point of using a large-sensor camera. Not trying to be mean, but that's just how I see it. I've observed the same thing with some of my own friends and family members.

While large-sensor cameras are capable of taking much better photos than cheap cameras, they also require additional skill-sets and knowledge, and more attention to things like proper focus, and they have a myriad of settings that an inexperienced user can screw up. It's kind of like how an average person with no special driving skills will probably take a Camaro around a tight race course quicker than an F1 car, although the F1 car is capable of so much more. They will find themselves in way over their heads in the race car, while the less-capable Camaro is much more forgiving of inexpert inputs.

If I were you, I would just stick with compact cameras. They've actually gotten pretty capable over the last several years.

Last edited by Edgar_in_Indy; 06-01-2017 at 07:58 AM.
Closed Thread