Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-05-2016, 05:59 AM   #1
Inactive Account

pink cast on my Pentax SR

Recently my photos started having a very bright pinkish cast to them. If the camera sits overnight undisturbed it will take several great photos and then the cast appears again. Camera is only one year old. Please help.

03-05-2016, 08:21 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Sounds like a white balance problem. I suggest you check that your white balance is set to auto. It is fairly easy to accidentally change white balance with the 4way control pad on the back of the camera. It has happened to me... Thankfully I shoot raw, so no harm done in the end. Good luck.
03-05-2016, 08:30 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Are the actual images that color or just the screen?
i.e. when you download the images off the car to your computer do they still have the color cast?

If the camera sits overnight and is fine for a short while, it sounds like it could be an electronics issue.
But it could be just the display, as annoying as that might be it is not as bad as if the photos are actually stored that way.

Secondly, does this happen with different SD cards? Wonky SD cards can cause odd effects.

If it isn't a white balance issue, and the SD card(s) are fine, I think you may need to send it in for service.
03-05-2016, 12:27 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
needs service

The whole screen has a pink cast. Probably will need to send it in for service. Not the card. not the white balance either. thanks for your input