03-13-2016, 03:58 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
q-tips and alcohol enuff said

01-28-2019, 07:33 AM - 2 Likes   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The general procedure is: in-camera SR -> blower -> static brush -> swabbing -> professional cleaning. Stop at any step along the way once you see the dust is gone Also, if you're not comfortable cleaning your camera's sensor on your own, don't hesitate to skip straight to the professional cleaning. Most camera stores can do it, since it's not a brand-specific procedure.

Here are some tips:
Cleaning Your DSLR Sensor - Tutorial Videos | PentaxForums.com
Hi Adam. Great tip and video link. I had a 'blob' on all my pictures. I tried the pixel cleaning first. Didn't change anything. Then I found your post and followed the video, fortunately I only had to go half way through the video as the section describing the 'blower' trick, with the mirror up, worked perfectly, and the 'blob' has disappeared. Many thanks!
02-07-2019, 08:35 PM   #18

There is some good advice here on how to clean it, but it is not clear that the problem is sensor dust. Try zooming in all the way, setting the camera to f22, focus to infinity, and take a picture of a bright white paper, or white screen. Any dust on the sensor will be clearly visible, and relatively sharp. Also when looking at the sensor for the dust it is flipped top to bottom.
04-01-2019, 12:17 PM   #19
Pentaxian

I've had this happen a couple of times. Go into the camera menu and lock the mirror in the 'up' position. Remove the lens. Point the camera down and using the blower, blow up into the mirror/sensor chamber being very careful not to touch the sensor. Replace the lens and take a photo of the sky (without clouds), view and enlarge as necessary on your PC and check for blobs or dust marks. I had to repeat the process a couple of times until the blower finally dislodged the dust. I never used any other cleaning materials and this method worked perfectly for me, obtaining totally clean pictures.

05-14-2019, 01:54 AM   #20
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by bcp38 Quote
Also when looking at the sensor for the dust it is flipped top to bottom.
I've just been thinking about this and found your post. Is it also flipped left to right? So a dust speck at top left in the image is actually bottom right on the sensor.