Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-08-2016, 06:13 AM   #1

K-50 and EyeFi card error

I've been having an issue with my camera and the EyeFi Pro card. Every now and again, for no reason I can figure out, the card will give me a "memory card error". I have to remove the card and then put it back and give it a second and it works. I've swapped the card for a newer one and it's still happening. I'm wondering if anyone else has had the issue, or if this is a problem with the body.

I haven't been able to replicate the problem with any other card.

03-14-2016, 09:13 AM   #2

QuoteOriginally posted by madclan Quote
I've been having an issue with my camera and the EyeFi Pro card. Every now and again, for no reason I can figure out, the card will give me a "memory card error". I have to remove the card and then put it back and give it a second and it works. I've swapped the card for a newer one and it's still happening. I'm wondering if anyone else has had the issue, or if this is a problem with the body.

I haven't been able to replicate the problem with any other card.
I just had that happen (I think an large orange warning, correct)?

I think that it has to do with the amount of space on the card, or, at least, that's what it seemed like on mine. If I deleted some files, then it'd work again for a couple of shots, and then get the same error again.

I ended up re-formatting the card as it was getting to be a pain trying to delete a couple of files each time.

Jim

P.S. When it had the error in the camera and I looked at the card on my PC it wasn't close to being completely full, so maybe the Eye fi cards need some extra free space?