Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-13-2016, 12:59 PM   #1

Pentax 645D auto focus lens assistance

I fell into a great deal on a 645D. This is a lot more camera than I ever imagined I would own. It is a bit intimidating, but very exciting.
It came with a 45mm f/2.8 auto focus Lens. I am looking for a 120 mm or 150mm or 200mm lens that is auto focus. I am having difficulty understanding the lens compatibility for auto focus with this camera. Any idea what my auto focus lens options are other than the new HD lenses? Do any of the older 645 auto focus lenses work on the 645d? THANKS!!!!!!

03-13-2016, 01:57 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by CharDog1 Quote
I fell into a great deal on a 645D. This is a lot more camera than I ever imagined I would own. It is a bit intimidating, but very exciting.
It came with a 45mm f/2.8 auto focus Lens. I am looking for a 120 mm or 150mm or 200mm lens that is auto focus. I am having difficulty understanding the lens compatibility for auto focus with this camera. Any idea what my auto focus lens options are other than the new HD lenses? Do any of the older 645 auto focus lenses work on the 645d? THANKS!!!!!!
Yes, all of the 645 lenses will work on the 645D. See:

Pentax 645 Medium Format Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database
03-13-2016, 03:30 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
If you are looking for Auto Focus lenses for the 645D then you need with DA, D FA or FA lenses. The A series of lenses are manual focus.

Regards

Chris
03-13-2016, 04:36 PM - 1 Like   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by CharDog1 Quote
FA, D FA, and DA lenses will autofocus on the 645D and 645Z, whereas A lenses are manual focus. Here's a complete list of AF lenses:

645 mount autofocus lenses

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

04-10-2016, 03:08 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
FA, D FA, and DA lenses will autofocus on the 645D and 645Z, whereas A lenses are manual focus. Here's a complete list of AF lenses:

645 mount autofocus lenses
Thanks for the quick reply,ink and info. Much appreciated!