Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-27-2016, 05:01 PM   #1

Pentax q7 blackout... need your help

Hi everyone...I got my pentax q7 and its been 7mos old., I have a problem here..., I can open and preview the picture but when i tried to capture an image all I can see is black..I mean blackout... I tried to ask someone and he tells me that the sensor of it damages..is that true? I also attached the image here... can somebody help me? So hard to find service repair house specially in my place here... thanks in advance

Attached Images

03-27-2016, 05:11 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A few suggestions:
-Turn off the ND filter
-Reset the camera settings through the setup (wrench) menu
-Fully charge the battery
-Reset the exposure compensation
-Remove the lens
-Disable all filters and ensure that you're using the default Custom Image setting
-Insert an SD card

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-27-2016, 07:06 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery
probably the shutter is broke.
if you can view a subject but when clicking the shutter and nothing happens shutter is broke. put a charged battery in device though.
03-27-2016, 08:36 PM   #4

The display is saying "ND On", meaning the Neutral Density filter in the lens is in place. The ND filter itself won't cause a true, all black capture, but perhaps there is a problem with the mechanism. Try turning the ND filter off in the menus and see if that helps.

03-28-2016, 04:43 AM   #5

Original Poster
I tried to reset it., nothing happen..also setting off the ND...I also take off the lens and the same thing, blackout
04-17-2016, 04:21 AM   #6

Original Poster
Thanks to all... I think it broke can I used the lens of q7 to pentax q? Cause I cant use the body of my q7, I saw sumbody selling his pentax q., thinking to buy it., what do you think guys?Can you help me? Tia
04-17-2016, 07:12 AM   #7
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

If it's only 7 months old, it should still be under warranty. Where are you located, for sending it in for service?

04-17-2016, 03:31 PM   #8

all pentax q mounts are q capable
04-17-2016, 04:38 PM   #9

Sometimes if the contacts are dirty, the camera will react strangely. My K - Q adapter will cause a screen blackout that will persist after the adaptor has been dismounted and will not correct until it's been remounted.
04-18-2016, 12:51 AM   #10

Original Poster
Thanks to all... thinking to buy the body only just to use my lens... it brokes my heart... for my pentax q7 I just bought it tru online and now thats happening... just bought it last year I lost the papers of it because of termites!