Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-27-2016, 05:01 PM   #1

Pentax q7 blackout... need your help

Hi everyone...I got my pentax q7 and its been 7mos old., I have a problem here..., I can open and preview the picture but when i tried to capture an image all I can see is black..I mean blackout... I tried to ask someone and he tells me that the sensor of it damages..is that true? I also attached the image here... can somebody help me? So hard to find service repair house specially in my place here... thanks in advance

Attached Images

03-27-2016, 05:11 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A few suggestions:
-Turn off the ND filter
-Reset the camera settings through the setup (wrench) menu
-Fully charge the battery
-Reset the exposure compensation
-Remove the lens
-Disable all filters and ensure that you're using the default Custom Image setting
-Insert an SD card

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

03-27-2016, 05:13 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The shutter is in the lens rather than the body and might be stuck shut. Take the lens off off and turn the camera on and see if the sensor remains black. If you can see a blurry but lighter image, then it is likely the lens and not the camera. You can confirm by trying a different lens on it.
03-27-2016, 07:06 PM   #4

Photos: Gallery
probably the shutter is broke.
if you can view a subject but when clicking the shutter and nothing happens shutter is broke. put a charged battery in device though.

03-27-2016, 08:36 PM   #5

The display is saying "ND On", meaning the Neutral Density filter in the lens is in place. The ND filter itself won't cause a true, all black capture, but perhaps there is a problem with the mechanism. Try turning the ND filter off in the menus and see if that helps.
03-28-2016, 04:43 AM   #6

Original Poster
I tried to reset it., nothing happen..also setting off the ND...I also take off the lens and the same thing, blackout
04-17-2016, 04:21 AM   #7

Original Poster
Thanks to all... I think it broke can I used the lens of q7 to pentax q? Cause I cant use the body of my q7, I saw sumbody selling his pentax q., thinking to buy it., what do you think guys?Can you help me? Tia
04-17-2016, 07:12 AM   #8
csa
Loyal Site Supporter

If it's only 7 months old, it should still be under warranty. Where are you located, for sending it in for service?

04-17-2016, 03:31 PM   #9

all pentax q mounts are q capable
04-17-2016, 04:38 PM   #10

Sometimes if the contacts are dirty, the camera will react strangely. My K - Q adapter will cause a screen blackout that will persist after the adaptor has been dismounted and will not correct until it's been remounted.
04-18-2016, 12:51 AM   #11

Original Poster
Thanks to all... thinking to buy the body only just to use my lens... it brokes my heart... for my pentax q7 I just bought it tru online and now thats happening... just bought it last year I lost the papers of it because of termites!