Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-10-2016, 12:08 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Hey, I tested the O-GPS1 again at very clear sky. No chance - itīs not working. GPS data is well but astrotracer did not work. I think itīs defective =( .
Great thanks to all answers

07-11-2016, 03:34 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MilkaSchokoHase87 Quote
Hey, I tested the O-GPS1 again at very clear sky. No chance - itīs not working. GPS data is well but astrotracer did not work. I think itīs defective =( .
Great thanks to all answers
When you say "it's not working" do you mean there is no difference between an image with the astrotracer on and off? Is it tracking in the wrong direction? Is it tracking but not moving enough...or too much?

I'm also having problems with the astrotracer, using both the O-GPS1 (on a K-50) and also with the K3-II. Here is a link to my post that shows the problem I'm having. In my case the astrotracer is clearly doing something but not moving the sensor enough to accurately track the stars.
07-12-2016, 12:52 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JimS_256 Quote
When you say "it's not working" do you mean there is no difference between an image with the astrotracer on and off? Is it tracking in the wrong direction? Is it tracking but not moving enough...or too much?

I'm also having problems with the astrotracer, using both the O-GPS1 (on a K-50) and also with the K3-II. Here is a link to my post that shows the problem I'm having. In my case the astrotracer is clearly doing something but not moving the sensor enough to accurately track the stars.
there is no difference between shooting with and without astrotracer at long exposure (30sec.+) =(
07-13-2016, 07:42 PM - 1 Like   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MilkaSchokoHase87 Quote
there is no difference between shooting with and without astrotracer at long exposure (30sec.+) =(
That's very interesting. I find it odd that the GPS part of the O-GPS1 is working but the astrotracer does nothing. One of the questions I was asked in my thread was:

"Has the astrotracer symbol shown up on the reat lcd along with the green gps symbol?".

In my case it has but it might be something worth checking.

Attached Images

07-13-2016, 07:45 PM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by JimS_256 Quote
That's very interesting. I find it odd that the GPS part of the O-GPS1 is working but the astrotracer does nothing. One of the questions I was asked in my thread was:

"Has the astrotracer symbol shown up on the reat lcd along with the green gps symbol?".

In my case it has but it might be something worth checking.
Thank you for this illustrative post!