Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-10-2016, 12:08 AM   #16
Forum Member
MilkaSchokoHase87's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 63
Original Poster
Hey, I tested the O-GPS1 again at very clear sky. No chance - itīs not working. GPS data is well but astrotracer did not work. I think itīs defective =( .
Great thanks to all answers

07-11-2016, 03:34 PM   #17
Senior Member




Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 193
QuoteOriginally posted by MilkaSchokoHase87 Quote
Hey, I tested the O-GPS1 again at very clear sky. No chance - itīs not working. GPS data is well but astrotracer did not work. I think itīs defective =( .
Great thanks to all answers
When you say "it's not working" do you mean there is no difference between an image with the astrotracer on and off? Is it tracking in the wrong direction? Is it tracking but not moving enough...or too much?

I'm also having problems with the astrotracer, using both the O-GPS1 (on a K-50) and also with the K3-II. Here is a link to my post that shows the problem I'm having. In my case the astrotracer is clearly doing something but not moving the sensor enough to accurately track the stars.
07-12-2016, 12:52 PM   #18
Forum Member
MilkaSchokoHase87's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 63
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JimS_256 Quote
When you say "it's not working" do you mean there is no difference between an image with the astrotracer on and off? Is it tracking in the wrong direction? Is it tracking but not moving enough...or too much?

I'm also having problems with the astrotracer, using both the O-GPS1 (on a K-50) and also with the K3-II. Here is a link to my post that shows the problem I'm having. In my case the astrotracer is clearly doing something but not moving the sensor enough to accurately track the stars.
there is no difference between shooting with and without astrotracer at long exposure (30sec.+) =(
07-13-2016, 07:42 PM - 1 Like   #19
Senior Member




Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 193
QuoteOriginally posted by MilkaSchokoHase87 Quote
there is no difference between shooting with and without astrotracer at long exposure (30sec.+) =(
That's very interesting. I find it odd that the GPS part of the O-GPS1 is working but the astrotracer does nothing. One of the questions I was asked in my thread was:

"Has the astrotracer symbol shown up on the reat lcd along with the green gps symbol?".

In my case it has but it might be something worth checking.

Attached Images
 
07-13-2016, 07:45 PM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Quartermaster James's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Posts: 609
QuoteOriginally posted by JimS_256 Quote
That's very interesting. I find it odd that the GPS part of the O-GPS1 is working but the astrotracer does nothing. One of the questions I was asked in my thread was:

"Has the astrotracer symbol shown up on the reat lcd along with the green gps symbol?".

In my case it has but it might be something worth checking.
Thank you for this illustrative post!
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
astro, astrotracer, calibrate, calibration, camera, f1.8, gps, k-3, length, lens, lenses, o-gps1, pentax, pentax help, photography, screen, stars, time, troubleshooting
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Two simple questions about O-GPS1 with the K-3 bdery Pentax Camera and Field Accessories 11 03-20-2016 06:15 AM
K-3 and O-GPS1 ima poster Pentax K-3 4 12-07-2015 11:25 AM
Suggestion Updates to O-GPS1 article for K-01 jbondo Site Suggestions and Help 2 12-10-2014 12:47 PM
Does the O-GPS1 work with the k-01 ZombieArmy Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 17 11-04-2014 10:22 AM
How to pair my Pentax O-RC1 remote to my K-3. ronin67 Pentax K-3 3 01-22-2014 03:25 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:53 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top