Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-07-2016, 11:53 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
fine focus reset on the Kx

I have a Kx sitting around and I need to try and find out how to get the focus adjustment back to zero.
Anyone know how to reset it in the debug mode?

Thanks

Randy

04-10-2016, 12:13 PM   #2
Pentaxian

I don't own a K-x, but I think it does only offer one (base) correction, not corrections for multiple lenses.
If so, the procedure may be somehow similiar to the procedure on the K200D.

If so, you must apply reverse sign corrections as often as needed to set the value back to zero.

Just as an example with a random value set:
To reset an actual correction of -200, and the K-x would only allow for corrections of +/- 50 in one step, you would have to apply a correction of +50, and repeat this procedure three times more.
04-10-2016, 02:55 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RKKS08 Quote
I don't own a K-x, but I think it does only offer one (base) correction, not corrections for multiple lenses.
If so, the procedure may be somehow similiar to the procedure on the K200D.

If so, you must apply reverse sign corrections as often as needed to set the value back to zero.

Just as an example with a random value set:
To reset an actual correction of -200, and the K-x would only allow for corrections of +/- 50 in one step, you would have to apply a correction of +50, and repeat this procedure three times more.
The thing is I don't know how much I initially changed it

Thanks!

Randy
04-10-2016, 03:23 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by slip Quote
Anyone know how to reset it in the debug mode?
If all else fails, one thing to try might be updating/re-installing the camera firmware. That might wipe the debug menu slate clean (unless the camera stores the debug settings in memory somewhere, like it does date/time).

QuoteOriginally posted by slip Quote
The thing is I don't know how much I initially changed it
Thanks!
If you take a JPEG photo, then open it in EXIFTOOL, there is a possibility [haven't checked it myself] that the AF debug correction value may be stored somewhere in the EXIF data.

04-10-2016, 06:08 PM   #5
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
If you take a JPEG photo, then open it in EXIFTOOL, there is a possibility [haven't checked it myself] that the AF debug correction value may be stored somewhere in the EXIF data.
My suggestion as well.

Steve
04-11-2016, 02:43 PM   #6
Pentaxian

I thought the K-x would at least use the standard of the K200D, which shows the actual correction value.

In my example the actual value is -100.
With the cursor buttons, I selected a modification of +70.
If I now press OK, the new actual value will jump to -30.
Modifications are cumulative. Repeated mods allow for corrections of more than +/- 100.Name:  IMGP5493.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  24.9 KB