Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-12-2016, 05:34 AM   #1

Manual mode doesn't enter

Guys, some help here... I was taking some shoots with my K-50 yesterday in Manual mode and, suddenly (I observed it happening on the sceen), it electronically disengaged the Manual mode, entering, then, on TAv mode. It doesn't matter how much I twist the wheel, it doesn't go back to Manual: every time the wheel gets into M position, it understands that it is in TAv mode, and it gets normally into all other positions. I can even film it with my phone, in case someone doesn't understand what is happening. Can any of you guys help me? By now the only way I found to put it in Manual is setting one of the User modes to Manual.

Thank you all in advance.

**Edit**
Just tested it again. Modes change, but Manual still is trated as TAv, and now all wheels simply stopped working. Tried a reset and then turned it off. It worked and it is back to normal! =D

Fabrizio Paes
Sorocaba - SP - Brazil
SP1000 - PZ-1P - MZ-5 - MZ-7 - K-3 Silver (sold) - K-50

Last edited by BrizioPaes; 04-12-2016 at 05:50 AM. Reason: More problems, and solution found.
04-12-2016, 07:38 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by BrizioPaes Quote
Guys, some help here... I was taking some shoots with my K-50 yesterday in Manual mode and, suddenly (I observed it happening on the sceen), it electronically disengaged the Manual mode, entering, then, on TAv mode. It doesn't matter how much I twist the wheel, it doesn't go back to Manual: every time the wheel gets into M position, it understands that it is in TAv mode, and it gets normally into all other positions. I can even film it with my phone, in case someone doesn't understand what is happening. Can any of you guys help me? By now the only way I found to put it in Manual is setting one of the User modes to Manual.

Thank you all in advance.

**Edit**
Just tested it again. Modes change, but Manual still is trated as TAv, and now all wheels simply stopped working. Tried a reset and then turned it off. It worked and it is back to normal! =D

Fabrizio Paes
Sorocaba - SP - Brazil
SP1000 - PZ-1P - MZ-5 - MZ-7 - K-3 Silver (sold) - K-50
Turn off Auto ISO.
04-12-2016, 08:55 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by enoeske Quote
Turn off Auto ISO.
Yep...the camera defaults to TAv mode when Auto-ISO is enabled and M mode is selected. This behavior is noted in the camera manual as a footnote on Exposure Mode table, but is still sort of puzzling when first encountered. It would have been nice if it just switched to fixed ISO as with K-3, but that might be a source of confusion too.

Steve
04-12-2016, 09:40 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
In Pentax-world:
Manual mode + auto-ISO = TAv
(TAv = Time and Aperture priority mode)