Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-15-2016, 07:56 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Shutter not opening, shutter button stuck and unresponsive ( Pentax ME)

I recently got a Pentax ME SE that was serviced. Great condition. But, I was in an odd situation with my last roll of film where i had to press the rewind button halfway through advancing the last bit of film. I finished rewinding, and after I advanced the lever the last bit, I pressed the shutter button in, but it didn't fire. It got stuck in. The metering circuit is on, but it isn't firing. When I advanced the last bit on the lever, the rewind button didn't pop out again, like it would if i advanced the lever from the beginning of the travel too. How do I fix this?

04-15-2016, 09:56 AM   #2

Original Poster
Tried, tried and tried again. I feel like it was the complex combination of functions I used that jammed a gear or something. I just don't know what to do.
I removed the base plate and checked the stuff there. Everything looked okay to me. Nothing feels broken or stuck other than the shutter button.
04-15-2016, 04:09 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
i don't think this is your problem, but every once in a great while, a tiny bit of film from a sprocket hole would get lodged in the path of the shutter and cause it to act weird. you might open the back and see if you can see anything in the tracks.
04-16-2016, 12:54 AM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TaoMaas Quote
i don't think this is your problem, but every once in a great while, a tiny bit of film from a sprocket hole would get lodged in the path of the shutter and cause it to act weird. you might open the back and see if you can see anything in the tracks.
i don't see a thing odd when I open up the back. Nothing at all. Everything feels perfect other than the fact that the next hypothetical domino isn't falling after the shutter button gives it a push. Shutter doesn't open, mirror doesn't come up, and the lens doesn't stop down. Almost like the shutter button mechanism was broken. Could it be?

Last edited by pentytaxy; 04-16-2016 at 02:58 AM.