Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-17-2016, 10:56 AM   #1

reset Hometown

Hello,
I'm new here (obviously). I rarely post in forums and I'm not sure if this is the place to ask a question. But forums always seem to have friendly helpful people so hopefully someone will steer me in the right direction.

I have been using my k-50 for a while am finally getting annoyed at having to adjust the date and time on every photo. Obviously I did something wrong when I just started using the camera without setting the time and date. The only way I can get the correct time of day, is to set my Hometown as Bankok. I actually live in Arizona. How do I fix this?

Thanks in advance

04-17-2016, 11:11 AM   #2
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ojnabo Quote
Hello,
I'm new here (obviously). I rarely post in forums and I'm not sure if this is the place to ask a question. But forums always seem to have friendly helpful people so hopefully someone will steer me in the right direction.

I have been using my k-50 for a while am finally getting annoyed at having to adjust the date and time on every photo. Obviously I did something wrong when I just started using the camera without setting the time and date. The only way I can get the correct time of day, is to set my Hometown as Bankok. I actually live in Arizona. How do I fix this?

Thanks in advance
Just move to Bangkok.

Seriously, you should set hometown first, then set the time. And make sure that you're in "hometown" mode (house icon) and not destination mode (airplane icon) under World Time.
04-18-2016, 06:26 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bar_foo Quote
Just move to Bangkok.

Seriously, you should set hometown first, then set the time. And make sure that you're in "hometown" mode (house icon) and not destination mode (airplane icon) under World Time.
Thanks for your quick response. I already had tried your suggestion previously and ever permutation I could think of.
Here is my sequence:
I pressed "menu" went to the "wrench tab" Pressed "ok"
Scrolled down to "world time" and changed "home" setting to Denver (closest to Phoenix). Even changed "destination" to New York
Pressed "menu" to get out
Scrolled up to "Date Adjustment" and set the time for 6:05 AM.
The the screen said "Settings Complete"
I pressed the "Menu" button to escape.
Took a picture and my photograph said it was 3:05 PM, not 6:05AM!!!!
I repeated the above and this time (finally) realized that the word after "Menu" was "Cancel" and that "Settings Complete" was ever so slightly highlighted. A slightly lighter blue grey box surrounding white letters on a darker blue grey is not much of a noticeable highlight with a bright desk lamp.
After this revelation I reset the time, scrolled down to "Settings Complete" which then did noticeably highlight and pressed the "ok" button
I took a photo and hurrah, the time was correct but I forgot to change the date.
Although your suggestion lacked the detail I was looking for (also no detail in the manual), it did prompt me to try again. And this time I got it.
Thanks again for your quick reply.