Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
05-07-2016, 11:06 AM   #1

Blue interference lines on image

Hi,
I'm wondering if someone on here may be able to offer some advice. I have a Pentax K100D and in the last few months I have noticed the occasional appearance of regular horizontal interference lines on some of my images. It isn't all images as far as I can tell. The attached image shows the problem. This was taken with a Tamron XR DiII 18-200mm lens at F5.6, 1/125th exposure, ISO 400.
I am a bit concerned that I have a problem with the camera's sensor, and even though the problem doesn't appear on every image it is there often enough to be an issue.
Any thoughts would be welcome.
Mike

Attached Images

05-07-2016, 11:34 AM   #2
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
If it was a sensor problem the lines would likely show up on all images and/or be in the exact same place.
If the lines aren't always the same row of pixels, it's probably an SD card problem.
05-07-2016, 11:56 AM - 1 Like   #3
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
If it was a sensor problem the lines would likely show up on all images and/or be in the exact same place.
If the lines aren't always the same row of pixels, it's probably an SD card problem.
Even if it was a sensor issue, I'd suggest a brand new SD card and testing that first. Much cheaper than body replacement. And, if it does end up being the camera, you'll have a spare SD card.
05-08-2016, 01:17 AM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks for the quick response - I will try an new SD Card. Fingers crossed!

06-17-2016, 01:06 AM   #5

Original Poster
Well, I changed SD cards but the problem has reoccurred
Attached Images

06-27-2016, 09:27 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter

It looks like the sensor is dying. I expect the problem is there in every image to some extent but is only really visible in high key areas.