Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-13-2016, 06:12 AM   #16

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by builttospill Quote
Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean either. But what I was trying to say is f/3.8 is odd and so is f/1.9. I have a lens with an aperture of f/1.9 when it's wide open. My camera does not round it to f/2, but instead shows f/1.9 and f/2 as two separate aperture settings. I've never heard of a camera rounding the aperture setting display, so that would surprise me if that is what's happening.

Instead I'm wondering if the camera is registering that the lens is all the way zoomed out.
How would I check to see if it is registering it as zoomed out?

05-13-2016, 11:02 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Hazcat Quote
How would I check to see if it is registering it as zoomed out?
Physically zoom out as much as you can to the wide end of the lens. Take a picture and then put the SD card in your PC. Right-click the file and select Properties, then select the Summary tab. Scroll down and you'll see the focal length recorded with all the other camera settings.

If you use a Mac, right-click the file and select Get Info. You'll see the same data.