Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-15-2016, 08:07 AM   #1

Battery grip not working on K5IIs

I have a Pentax D-BG4 grip on my K5IIs. Until recently it had been working fine but now none of the controls on the grip are working, focus, shutter, AE-L, etc. The camera reads the battery okay and shows both the grip battery and in body battery. The grip works fine on my K5, shutter, focus, etc. are all working. What am I missing? Thanks in advance for your help.

05-15-2016, 08:20 AM   #2
Pentaxian

You sure you have it switched to the on position?
05-15-2016, 08:56 AM   #3

Original Poster
Yes, it's in the on position. The grip works fine on my K5 but not on the K5IIs.
05-15-2016, 09:50 AM   #4
Pentaxian

try cleaning the contacts on the bottom of your K5lls.

05-17-2016, 01:33 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Oldbayrunner Quote
try cleaning the contacts on the bottom of your K5lls.
Thank you for your reply. I apologize for not responding sooner but we had unexpected guests the day I posted. Anyway, what do you recommend to clean the contacts?
05-17-2016, 03:18 PM   #6
Site Supporter

Dip a 'q-tip' into some alcohol and clean the contacts......allow the contacts to dry, then re-attach the grip.

Since the grip works on another body, that suggests that pins on grip are intact, so I'm with Oldbayrunner, contacts on the K5IIs would be the first stop.....

let us know if that solves the problem. If not, this may require more thought......
05-18-2016, 02:40 PM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by forensicscientist Quote
Dip a 'q-tip' into some alcohol and clean the contacts......allow the contacts to dry, then re-attach the grip.

Since the grip works on another body, that suggests that pins on grip are intact, so I'm with Oldbayrunner, contacts on the K5IIs would be the first stop.....

let us know if that solves the problem. If not, this may require more thought......
Oldbayrunner and forensicscientist, thank you for your help! I had to clean the contacts on the camera body twice but the grip is working now. I never had that happen before on my K10D or K-5 so didn't know what the cause might be. Thanks again to both of you.
05-18-2016, 03:23 PM   #8
Site Supporter

Glad it's working now....