Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-20-2016, 02:55 AM   #1

Pentax 645nii shooting problem

Hi

I'm new with pentax 645nii, and I have a problem.

Just got the camera, everything was fine for the first roll. On second roll, after 11th or so frame, it suddenly stopped fired. The condition:
1. View finder info is off
2. Top lcd stay on
3. When I turned it off, the lcd keep showing info as if it is on
4. Took the battery then replace it
5. It worked for one or two shutter release, then stopped again.

After finished the roll, I cleaned every contact on it. It worked fine.

But today I put a roll again, after 3rd frame, it happened again. So frustrating

Anyone ever experienced the same? Any suggestions for me?

Thanks so much for the feedback

Regards

05-20-2016, 07:04 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I had a similar event with mine, which I believe was due to poor quality batteries and cold conditions. I'd check the batteries first. Even brand new ones can be defective. I recommend Energizer Lithium. Those things last forever. Pricey though!
05-20-2016, 07:36 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Wolfeye Quote
I had a similar event with mine, which I believe was due to poor quality batteries and cold conditions. I'd check the batteries first. Even brand new ones can be defective. I recommend Energizer Lithium. Those things last forever. Pricey though!
Hi..thanks for the response. So your problem solved after replacing the batteries with lithium? I'll give it a try though. Thanks
05-20-2016, 08:01 AM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by irawan_tn Quote
Hi..thanks for the response. So your problem solved after replacing the batteries with lithium? I'll give it a try though. Thanks
Well, what fixed my issue was replacing some cheapo, underperforming batteries with new Duracell ones, and getting the camera out of the cold. The Energizer batteries are my favorites. In general, alkaline batteries perform very poorly in cold weather. When I next take the 645nII out in the cold I'll have the lithium batteries onboard.

05-20-2016, 03:50 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Wolfeye Quote
Well, what fixed my issue was replacing some cheapo, underperforming batteries with new Duracell ones, and getting the camera out of the cold. The Energizer batteries are my favorites. In general, alkaline batteries perform very poorly in cold weather. When I next take the 645nII out in the cold I'll have the lithium batteries onboard.
I see. Hope it works for mine. I'll get some tomorrow morning. Thanks!
05-21-2016, 05:48 AM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by irawan_tn Quote
I see. Hope it works for mine. I'll get some tomorrow morning. Thanks!
Got energizer lithium today, so far it is working. We'll see tomorrow after a cold night