Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
05-20-2016, 09:16 AM   #1

K3 Monitor On/Off

I turned off the monitor and now I cannot turn it back on. I cannot find any clear info in the manual
how to do this. Help!

05-20-2016, 09:28 AM   #2

You can press info and get it back on. Hope it helps!
05-20-2016, 09:49 AM - 1 Like   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Press info twice
05-20-2016, 11:47 AM   #4

Original Poster
When I press info twice it goes to the screen that displays status screen, toggle right to electronic screen, toggle right to display which indicates display off. At this point when I hit any button the screen goes black as it should, I don't know how to change the display to display on.

05-20-2016, 12:00 PM - 1 Like   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Gabbyp Quote
When I press info twice it goes to the screen that displays status screen, toggle right to electronic screen, toggle right to display which indicates display off. At this point when I hit any button the screen goes black as it should, I don't know how to change the display to display on.
You may be overthinking it. Here's what mine does.

Info / Info - gives 4 icons (left most to right: Status Screen, Electronic Level, Display Off, and a compass that I can't engage since I don't have the tracker attachment). If I use the 4 way to move to the Display Off and press OK - the display goes off. If it is already off I get the same choices and I arrow over to Status Screen and click Ok - and now it is on again. The display off is NOT a toggle - it is a status. You can't reselect it to turn it off. Does that help?
05-20-2016, 12:47 PM   #6

Original Poster
Uncle Vanya,
Thanks, you are correct I was overthinking it. I followed what you said and the screen is back on.
That is so simple, I feel like a dunce for not understanding it.
Thanks again.
05-20-2016, 01:03 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Gabbyp Quote
Uncle Vanya,
Thanks, you are correct I was overthinking it. I followed what you said and the screen is back on.
That is so simple, I feel like a dunce for not understanding it.
Thanks again.
Not at all worth feeling that way over. It is confusing if you think it is a toggle.