Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-20-2016, 05:26 PM   #1

New KS2 needed +6 af adjustment for 35mm

Hi all, I noticed my KS2 photos were pretty soft so I attempted to adjust the AF. Once I adjusted it to +6 it seems better. Is this a concern for a brand new camera? it doesn't leave much for room to adjust in the future.
It's still within return period, so I have that option. Love the camera though .

05-20-2016, 05:34 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Having to do AF adjustments is perfectly normal. If a +6 adjustment did the trick, then you're all set. Enjoy the camera!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

05-21-2016, 09:54 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Having to do AF adjustments is perfectly normal. If a +6 adjustment did the trick, then you're all set. Enjoy the camera!
Thanks for such a quick reply. Appreciated.
05-21-2016, 11:43 AM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Tomas2500 Quote
Hi all, I noticed my KS2 photos were pretty soft so I attempted to adjust the AF. Once I adjusted it to +6 it seems better.
I hope you did not calibrate it using Live View.
As far as I know, the K-S2 uses CAF only (contrast measurement) in Live View , not PDAF.
Adjustments of AF as offered in the menu only influences PDAF (phase detect).