Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-23-2016, 05:29 PM   #31
Des
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
Again, I really like my Pentax camera and enjoy using it even more than my Nikon equipment. Please, let's put this issue to bed and call it good.
Yep, with a renewed appreciation of your K100D Super, it's time to go and take some pictures. At slow shutter speeds if necessary.

Last edited by Des; 05-23-2016 at 05:59 PM.
05-23-2016, 06:37 PM - 1 Like   #32
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Des Quote
Maybe I'm soft, but I think most of the misinformation posted on this site stems from misunderstanding. Like @jatrax, I'm sure the OP here just misunderstood the manual.
I think the manual was typical of most manuals....lots of misinformation.

Well, I can agree...the OP Antonio, does not have a record of inflammatory posts and he is not a "Rupert Type" person, so he does deserve to be taken at his word. It just sounded pretty funny.....I think he might even see how that could be.

Wonderful photography. I do not know if I am seeing things, but is there some purple fringing on the branches? My friend, you nailed that Bokeh extremely well. An area that for some reason I have been dropping the ball on, sort of speaking. Thanks, very well done. An enjoyable viewing experience.
Thank you! I went back to the original....no PF, so I must have done it in processing...which was fast and kind of sloppy! Here is the frame right before....less evident....must be the processing? The branch itself looks a little "purplish" ...now that you mention it!

Same settings...

Bigma bokeh can be really nice at times, I do love it.

Best Regards!
05-23-2016, 09:49 PM   #33
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote

Well, I can agree...the OP Antonio, does not have a record of inflammatory posts and he is not a "Rupert Type" person, so he does deserve to be taken at his word. It just sounded pretty funny.....I think he might even see how that could be.

Thank you! I went back to the original....no PF, so I must have done it in processing...which was fast and kind of sloppy! Here is the frame right before....less evident....must be the processing? The branch itself looks a little "purplish" ...now that you mention it!

Same settings...

Best Regards!
Your second shot is really beautiful as well. Man, that Bokeh is awesome. I do not see any PF on this second photo. Well, so it goes in photography, consider light conditions, color of the subject, lenses, sensors and settings, it is like shooting fish in a barrel. You never know which one you will hit. Actually, looking at it again, I do not see any noise. Is your camera designed that way?

Thanks again,

Antonio

---------- Post added 05-23-16 at 10:02 PM ----------

Same settings...

Best Regards!
Okay, studying your work again, I believe that it is not fringing. There does appear to a very slight hue, so that is what it is. I think, could be, perhaps. possibly or maybe.

))

Thanks again,

Antonio
05-24-2016, 05:49 AM   #34
Loyal Site Supporter

Actually, looking at it again, I do not see any noise. Is your camera designed that way?
Antonio, the K1 can deliver some high ISO shots with very minimum noise. It is really an amazing camera in so many ways.

Okay, studying your work again, I believe that it is not fringing. There does appear to a very slight hue, so that is what it is. I think, could be, perhaps. possibly or maybe.
Yes, my color hues are most often a little strange. I like to process for warmth and seldom correct to "natural" and bland colors, so I do get some off coloring.

Bokeh.......Somewhere I have some old posts about my "Cheater Branches" and "Cheater Background". They explain how I have managed to have some nice bokeh for Bigma shots when birds land on my Cheater Branches. I don't mind cheating, it doesn't bother a "Rupert Type".

You can look here for more "Cheater Branch" bokeh.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/129469263@N03/albums/72157651162955781/page5

You can do a search here on "cheater branch". Basically, I screwed some dead limbs on a tree trunk that I could easily shoot from my office desk. About 40 feet behind them I hung some colorful dead leaves for bokeh. Works very nicely!

Fun stuff......I like fun stuff!

Best Regards my friend!

05-24-2016, 04:00 PM   #35
Des
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
You can do a search here on "cheater branch". Basically, I screwed some dead limbs on a tree trunk that I could easily shoot from my office desk. About 40 feet behind them I hung some colorful dead leaves for bokeh. Works very nicely!
I rather fancied it was a site for Otis's dalliances. The real story is too prosaic.
05-24-2016, 04:32 PM   #36
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Des Quote
I rather fancied it was a site for Otis's dalliances.
Oh he does dilly-dally around there, and when he does he can beat any bird bokeh!

Regards!