Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-24-2016, 04:58 PM   #1

SMC Pentax-DA 35mm F2.8 Limited Macro

Hi
I bought DA 35mm 2.8 lens recently second hand and for some reason it registers itself on my k3 as a 38.5 mm lens. Has anyone come across this and can it be changed.

05-24-2016, 05:05 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Could you attach a photo straight out of camera using the attachment button? Would be interesting to look at the metadata.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

05-25-2016, 04:25 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Hmm interesting, I used mine on my K3ll yesterday and it registers as 35mm.
05-25-2016, 12:32 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Could you attach a photo straight out of camera using the attachment button? Would be interesting to look at the metadata.
http://www.edalatpour.net/IMGP3803.DNG

Here is one, i had a look at the previous pictures and there are some that have registered 35mm but not many. I did have to open the back of the lens as there was a long fibre under the back element which i removed. Just wondered if it may have something to do with it.

05-25-2016, 12:48 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Seyed Quote

Here is one, i had a look at the previous pictures and there are some that have registered 35mm but not many. I did have to open the back of the lens as there was a long fibre under the back element which i removed. Just wondered if it may have something to do with it.
Nothing attached that I see.
05-25-2016, 02:25 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Seyed Quote
http://www.edalatpour.net/IMGP3803.DNG

Fixed your link (to use url tags instead img tags).

Definitely looks like the camera recorded 38.5mm as the focal length. But the lens ID indicates an unknown lens. Could it have been a zoom? Either that or the data was just corrupted.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: