Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-27-2016, 06:57 AM   #1

K5 LCD screen

Hi there

Sometimes (rarely) but happens, when I switch ON the camera the LCD on the back the colors are gone and and its showing all grey colors.
The content of the screen isn't as sharp at than before.

I must turn it OFF then ON again to have the colors back to.

If someone could tell me what is happening I would be very pleased.

Cheers

05-27-2016, 12:49 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Could the beginning of a failing main board, damage due to water ingress, or just a loose connection to the screen.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

05-27-2016, 10:41 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Could the beginning of a failing main board, damage due to water ingress, or just a loose connection to the screen.
Thank you for you're answer.

The K5 has never been exposed to water, so perhaps a loose connection might be the culprit.
This weird behavior arrived perhaps less than 10 times since I bought it in 2011.

To your point of view, Is this reparable at reasonable cost if it get worse, or will it be the end of the K5 ?

Cheers
05-28-2016, 12:28 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ide508 Quote
Thank you for you're answer.

The K5 has never been exposed to water, so perhaps a loose connection might be the culprit.
This weird behavior arrived perhaps less than 10 times since I bought it in 2011.

To your point of view, Is this reparable at reasonable cost if it get worse, or will it be the end of the K5 ?

Cheers
If the main board has to be replaced, you'd probably be better off replacing the camera. However, if it only happens intermittently and if it's been happening since the start, it could very well be a loose connection.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: