Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-01-2016, 11:20 PM   #1

AF and popup flash in K5

Hello Pentax users,
I am very new to Pentax cameras.
1. My k5 pop up on-board flash is not firing at all. In AF or MF modes.

2. Tamron 70-200 f2.8 AF keeps on seeking , but it works fine in Live view AF mode and in manual focus.

Please help me guys.

06-02-2016, 12:57 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by samsharmak Quote
1. My k5 pop up on-board flash is not firing at all. In AF or MF modes.
Is the flash up? If so, it should be firing. A good way to test that everything is enabled is to ensure that the camera won't let you select a shutter speed greater than 1/180s. If all that's the case the bulb may need replacement.

QuoteOriginally posted by samsharmak Quote
2. Tamron 70-200 f2.8 AF keeps on seeking , but it works fine in Live view AF mode and in manual focus.
You may need to make fine adjustments to the AF:

Fixing Front and Back Focus - Introduction - In-Depth Articles

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-03-2016, 01:41 AM   #3

Original Poster
I am able to select the shutter over 160. But not able to click if the flash I light is popped up. Also flash did not firing in any shutter speed.
06-03-2016, 04:17 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Have you selected 'Flash On' in the Flash mode?
[see the bottom button of the 4 direct keys on the back of the camera, with a little flash icon on it].

06-04-2016, 10:54 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Have you selected 'Flash On' in the Flash mode?
[see the bottom button of the 4 direct keys on the back of the camera, with a little flash icon on it].
Yes flash is ON. I tried in all 4 flash modes.still not firing.

---------- Post added 06-04-16 at 11:11 PM ----------

Updated the new firmware , checked with different lens and without lens still now sign of flash.