Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-12-2016, 12:52 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by RedSky Quote
I would disagree, I am just trying to determine if I have two defective cameras, and have gotten more hatred here than help. Yes, I posted to too many places in my frustration, but the hatred here has been over the top. I guess it is easy to be so on the keyboard.

I am still no closer to an answer than I was when I started. Is it a diaphragm block failure, or is the camera perfect?

Keep your replies to yourself, one camera goes back tomorrow, and I will keep one and work around it or toss it in the trash. What a mistake it was even coming to this forum. I am done. May the future years treat you all well.
No he was referring to me, their are a couple of guys on this board who are in complete denial about whether this is a Problem or not, S o they feel compelled to attack and make anybody who says there is an aperture block problem look like a fool. Dont worry I for one believe you. DO not listen to these guys cuz it hasn't happened to them yet

06-12-2016, 02:34 PM   #17
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by niceshot Quote
No he was referring to me, their are a couple of guys on this board who are in complete denial about whether this is a Problem or not, S o they feel compelled to attack and make anybody who says there is an aperture block problem look like a fool. Dont worry I for one believe you. DO not listen to these guys cuz it hasn't happened to them yet
Look at the photos posted by the OP, Niceshot.

Be obsessed if you like, but your explanation doesn't fit them or the Op's description of their circumstances.

09-01-2019, 06:16 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Suzhouren Quote
If the parameters change when switching to live view that suggests that it's not the diaphragm block at fault but just a discrepancy between metering through the viewfinder and in live view.
This is an old thread but because member "redsky" is mentioned again and again in other threads, there is a need to correct this error:

If the diaphragm control block (or more precise the solenoid of this block) is at fault:

Photos taken with live-view have a kind of correct exposure but are dark if taken through the OV (optical viewfinder) except f22 or whatever the smallest aperture is for the given lens.

This is due to the solenoid switching twice in LV!
In LV-mode the camera sets the aperture to f4! But with a stuck solenoid of course it can't be set to f4 but will "hang as well at f22 (or higher depending on max. value of the used lens). But in LV-mode the solenoid actuates a 2-nd time and then recieves those few more milli-amps in power and does often actuate, i.e. the lens opens to the set aperture and the photo is o.k.

I have proven this now a few times when repairing bad solenoids, it was always the very same with:
K30/50/500 KS1/2 and K70!

Last edited by photogem; 11-29-2019 at 10:35 AM.