Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-23-2016, 12:13 AM   #1

Double effect with slow shutter speed even with tripod

Hi! First of all my english is not the best but I'll try to explain my problem.

I've păurchased a K200d in the past from a random guy on web and it appears that when I use slow shutter speeds with triopod and correst settings.. whatever I do the pictures come out blured, ghostly or with double effect. It seems I cannot use shutter speeds slower than 1/70 ~ 1/90 >
I've tried many lenses.. same problem and I have to mention that I use mirror lockup function too (image stabilization button is turned off). It can be the sensor missaligned?

In the attachment is a 100% crop from inside. Outside pics.. the same problems.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K200D  Photo 
06-23-2016, 01:08 AM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Are you pressing the camera shutter button with your finger to take the image? This could be moving the camera at the point of capture .... For tripod and mirror up shooting then use a remote control, cable release, or self-timer function so that you don't touch the camera at all ...

It's worth a try to eliminate this issue as the problem.
06-23-2016, 02:25 AM   #3
Veteran Member

That's camera movement.

Use the 2 sec self-timer.

It automatically switches off SR for the shot so you don't have to think about it, lifts and locks up the mirror, lets the camera 'settle', then fires the shutter.

Make sure you cover the eye-piece to avoid light entering through it, and use a sturdy tripod.
06-23-2016, 02:57 AM   #4

QuoteOriginally posted by JohnX Quote
Use the 2 sec self-timer.

It automatically switches off SR for the shot so you don't have to think about it
Is this true for all (current at least) Pentax DSLRs? I did read before that this setting lifts up the mirror beforehand, but the thing about disabling the SR is new to me

06-23-2016, 05:16 AM - 1 Like   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ehrwien Quote
Is this true for all (current at least) Pentax DSLRs? I did read before that this setting lifts up the mirror beforehand, but the thing about disabling the SR is new to me
As far as I know it's always worked this way. First Pentax DSLR I had was a K100D. I'm sure that did it, but can't swear to it. Definitely has done it from K20D onwards.
06-23-2016, 05:30 AM   #6

You can also have issues with low end tripods. My light tripod works great with a small point and shoot but not my K-3. The head has some flex so when I push the trigger it's enough to make it wobble slightly and the 2 second delay isn't long enough to stabilize.

Try using a remote so you can give it 15-20 seconds to stabilize. If you don't have a remote you can also try setting it on a sturdy table to rule out tripod shake.