Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-05-2016, 03:40 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
K1 screen protector

just ordered the K1 from adorama and am trying to find LCD protestors anyone know who makes good ones and not the generic ones i am finding. thanks

07-05-2016, 04:14 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
It's not a touch screen, so why not just choose any protector and cut to size?
07-05-2016, 04:37 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Take a look at Screen Protectors/Privacy Filters protectionfilms24.com | protectionfilms24.com - they have several cut specifically for the K-1. I use their screen protectors for my K-5, K-3 and K-3II... They're in Germany but ship worldwide

EDIT: This is the K-1 version of the protector I use on my cameras: http://www.protectionfilms24.com/article/3x-vikuiti-screen-protector-dqct130...1-1529449.html

It's good, but does pick up grease from sweat - however, it wipes clean very easily, and it's very resistant to scratching.
07-05-2016, 06:39 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've tried the one BigMackCam has and took it off due to the fingerprints. I replaced it with this one:
screen protector for Pentax K-1: BROTECT HD-Clear

I find it much more resistant to fingerprints.

07-05-2016, 06:44 AM   #5
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Take a look at Screen Protectors/Privacy Filters protectionfilms24.com | protectionfilms24.com - they have several cut specifically for the K-1. I use their screen protectors for my K-5, K-3 and K-3II... They're in Germany but ship worldwide

EDIT: This is the K-1 version of the protector I use on my cameras: screen protector for Pentax K-1: Vikuiti? DQCT130

It's good, but does pick up grease from sweat - however, it wipes clean very easily, and it's very resistant to scratching.
I tried this one, started to come unstuck after a couple of weeks, although I followed the instructions meticulously.

Tim
07-05-2016, 06:51 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tjstimbo Quote
I tried this one, started to come unstuck after a couple of weeks, although I followed the instructions meticulously.

Tim
Honestly, I'm surprised. Did you clean the screen properly before fitting it? I used an alcohol lens wipe then a dry lens cloth before-hand. I have them fitted on my Q, Q7, K-5, K-3 and K-3II without any problems - I've never had any peeling, and my cameras (especially my K-5 and K-3) get an awful lot of use...
07-05-2016, 07:12 AM - 1 Like   #7
csa
Loyal Site Supporter

I absolutely love the protectors from ACMAXX! They go on easily, and look very nice. I have them on my K10D, my K3, and also on my Q. They are a hard plastic, rather than film. Also they include a protector for the top LCD! I'd contact them, as I'm sure they have/will be coming out with kits for the K-1.

ACMAXX LCD ARMOR
07-05-2016, 07:27 AM   #8
Forum Member

Honestly, I'm surprised. Did you clean the screen properly before fitting it? I used an alcohol lens wipe then a dry lens cloth before-hand. I have them fitted on my Q, Q7, K-5, K-3 and K-3II without any problems - I've never had any peeling, and my cameras (especially my K-5 and K-3) get an awful lot of use...
So am I, must be the quality as I have used others (Promaster) on my two K3 screens and K5II with no problems and will probably go back to this brand once they make one that fits the K1.

Tim

07-05-2016, 08:01 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter

So am I, must be the quality as I have used others (Promaster) on my two K3 screens and K5II with no problems
I don't think it's the quality, Tim, given that I have them on all of my Pentax cameras without issue... actually, I have one on my Fujifilm XF-1 compact as well... no problems there, either. Perhaps you got one from a bad batch... Even 3M (the manufacturer of these Vikuiti screen protectors) have production problems occasionally
07-05-2016, 08:18 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by loco Quote
I've tried the one BigMackCam has and took it off due to the fingerprints. I replaced it with this one:
screen protector for Pentax K-1: BROTECT HD-Clear

I find it much more resistant to fingerprints.
I'll have to try those. I do like the ones I'm using right now, but you're right - they are susceptible to grease and fingerprints. I haven't found it to be a problem as I just give them an occasional wipe with the microfibre cloth I keep in my bag, but any improvement would be welcome. Is the Brotect model just as tough / durable? If so, I'll definitely give it a go.
07-05-2016, 08:32 AM   #11
Forum Member

I don't think it's the quality, Tim, given that I have them on all of my Pentax cameras without issue... actually, I have one on my Fujifilm XF-1 compact as well... no problems there, either. Perhaps you got one from a bad batch... Even 3M (the manufacturer of these Vikuiti screen protectors) have production problems occasionally
I really have to disagree! Bad batch = poor quality. You must have been lucky with yours. I revert to the type I know and trust, plus they are cheaper.
07-05-2016, 08:41 AM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter

I really have to disagree! Bad batch = poor quality. You must have been lucky with yours. I revert to the type I know and trust, plus they are cheaper.
Well, I've been consistently lucky with them on seven cameras over a six year period Maybe you were unlucky with yours... Anyway, we agree on one point, Tim - stick to those we know and trust

Last edited by BigMackCam; 07-05-2016 at 09:55 AM.
07-05-2016, 10:19 AM - 1 Like   #13
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'll have to try those. I do like the ones I'm using right now, but you're right - they are susceptible to grease and fingerprints. I haven't found it to be a problem as I just give them an occasional wipe with the microfibre cloth I keep in my bag, but any improvement would be welcome. Is the Brotect model just as tough / durable? If so, I'll definitely give it a go.
It certainly seems as durable. Very clear. I really like it.
07-05-2016, 04:35 PM - 1 Like   #14
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Second vote for ACMAXX if they have one for the K1. I just finished putting them on my new to me K5IIs and have them on my K7. Never had a problem with them at all.