Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
07-06-2016, 08:56 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Problem with ist DL

I purchased this online and it needed the correct sd card and updated. Now I intend to use this as a secondary camera. Once I got it updated and such the camera does everything correctly except take a picture correctly. The pictures come out with a red green blue outline on them and I'm not sure which direction to go in.

07-06-2016, 11:01 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by newpentaxman Quote
I purchased this online and it needed the correct sd card and updated. Now I intend to use this as a secondary camera. Once I got it updated and such the camera does everything correctly except take a picture correctly. The pictures come out with a red green blue outline on them and I'm not sure which direction to go in.
Did the previous owner say it was working?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-07-2016, 02:21 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
No they did not. It was one of those cannot test . I got it off of the Goodwill site. I just as hoping it was something I may have done. I guess I'll have to keep trying.
07-07-2016, 02:26 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Those camera were noted for putting the low pass filter in upside down, and then when you wet cleaned them it was stripped off rendering them useless. Sounds like you got such a camera.The only choice is to get the low pass filter replaced, or get another camera.

07-07-2016, 02:26 AM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Could you post a sample? I have a feeling the camera might be defective, but you never know!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-07-2016, 03:42 AM - 1 Like   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by newpentaxman Quote
No they did not. It was one of those cannot test .
In a film camera, with local labs disappearing and film not always being available, that might be an acceptable excuse. In a digital, with basic SD cards available even in supermarkets, this is IMO complete BS - especially in a camera that takes AA batteries. If you're not intelligent enough to be able to put four AA batteries and an SD card into an *ist-DL and fire up the camera, you shouldn't be selling it. If you're intelligent enough to put batteries and an SD card in and it doesn't fire up, you definitely shouldn't be selling it. "Cannot test", my eye; I suspect it's more like "Will not test."

I think you were took, OP. Your avatar picture seems to paint your current mood adequately. I'd feel like that too.
07-08-2016, 08:41 PM - 1 Like   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
In a film camera, with local labs disappearing and film not always being available, that might be an acceptable excuse. In a digital, with basic SD cards available even in supermarkets, this is IMO complete BS - especially in a camera that takes AA batteries. If you're not intelligent enough to be able to put four AA batteries and an SD card into an *ist-DL and fire up the camera, you shouldn't be selling it. If you're intelligent enough to put batteries and an SD card in and it doesn't fire up, you definitely shouldn't be selling it. "Cannot test", my eye; I suspect it's more like "Will not test."

I think you were took, OP. Your avatar picture seems to paint your current mood adequately. I'd feel like that too.

Goodwill will not test anything and most of the time, the people setting up the add don't have a clue about cameras and lenses. Goodwill also pays $7.50 an hour for doing this job and you are required to photograph and write up 12-15 ads an hour. How do I know this? Back in January or February, Goodwill in Indianapolis had a job posting for photographers and that is what the job requirements were listed as.

newpentaxman, Please post an image. It is possible the camera sensor is going bad but it might also be something that can be fixed easily.