Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-16-2016, 09:34 PM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
Thanks Paul. I was hoping to receive information regarding issues with the batteries fitting into a digital camera. Any experience in this area?
No. But I guess it depends on the tolerances of your particular camera.

09-16-2016, 10:22 PM   #32
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Paul the Sunman Quote
No. But I guess it depends on the tolerances of your particular camera.
Here is the text about AA batteries that are wider now.

However, Eneloop Pro batteries don't have nearly as long a lifespan as the regular Eneloops. Panasonic says they can be recharged up to 500 times, but professional tests say otherwise. In one test, the batteries are still going strong after 60 recharges, but they fail before making it to 100. Another downside of the AA Eneloop Pro is that it's slightly wider in diameter than a standard AA battery, so it won't fit into all devices.

Thanks again,

Tony
09-17-2016, 07:03 AM   #33

Photos: Albums
Fujitsu is the new Eneloop
Just saying...
09-17-2016, 07:30 AM   #34
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
However, Eneloop Pro batteries don't have nearly as long a lifespan as the regular Eneloops. Panasonic says they can be recharged up to 500 times, but professional tests say otherwise. In one test, the batteries are still going strong after 60 recharges, but they fail before making it to 100. Another downside of the AA Eneloop Pro is that it's slightly wider in diameter than a standard AA battery, so it won't fit into all devices.
For what it's worth, 1st generation Eneloop XX fit just fine in my k100d. They easily cleared 400 shots per charge. If they lasted 60 charges, that's a heck of a lot of photos for the cost. I don't use this camera much these days, so I don't think I've come close to 60 charges. Prior to the "XX" version, I used regular eneloops. They would eventually fade and perform terribly in the camera after a few years. However, a camera is much pickier than many other devices, and I'm still using 9 year old 'faded' eneloops in flashes.

09-17-2016, 04:04 PM   #35
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BrianR Quote
For what it's worth, 1st generation Eneloop XX fit just fine in my k100d. They easily cleared 400 shots per charge. If they lasted 60 charges, that's a heck of a lot of photos for the cost. I don't use this camera much these days, so I don't think I've come close to 60 charges. Prior to the "XX" version, I used regular eneloops. They would eventually fade and perform terribly in the camera after a few years. However, a camera is much pickier than many other devices, and I'm still using 9 year old 'faded' eneloops in flashes.
Thanks for your post. I would like to know the power level of the Eneloop XX. How high a number on the mAh? My K100D Super manual advises to not use less than 2500mAh in the camera.

Much appreciated.

Tony