Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-11-2016, 04:39 PM   #1

Blank images on K10

I have had a problem with my K10D since I bought it in 2007. I will be shooting and suddenly I get a series of photos here there is no image just a blank or black screen. Changing the settings or turning it off and giving the camera a rest seems to work. Just curious if this is a flaw, or perhaps the sensors are adjusting. I don't know and I am not a technical guru. I did a shoot with a model and have 20 shots in a row that are just black with nothing there. Just friustratng and decided to do some looking around to see if others have had this problem. Does Pentax have any answers? Thanks.

Last edited by photolady95; 07-11-2016 at 05:59 PM.
07-11-2016, 07:24 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sounds like a defect. Have you tried using a different SD card (that's at least class 10)?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-11-2016, 07:30 PM   #3
Forum Member

I've never had that issue with mine but googling does get some hits like this one https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/6-pentax-dslr-discussion/78268-k10d-corru...ges-issue.html

this quote sounds reasonable:

QuoteQuote:
It's just a dry joint somewhere on the circuit. My ist DS had this until they took it apart and reassembled early in warranty. Is hopefully just a simple connector to the main pcb.
Unscrew the body panel off and replug all the connectors. Will likely fix it.

Read more at: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/6-pentax-dslr-discussion/78268-k10d-corru...#ixzz4E9pulRva
doubt it's a firmware issue. I was running mine with the original firmware for years and only upgraded for the HSM support and no issues with either.
07-11-2016, 10:04 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Some times I had the same problem, When I saw the pictures , accidentally I set f32 or so with the weel.

07-12-2016, 06:40 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Sounds like a defect. Have you tried using a different SD card (that's at least class 10)?
What is a class 10 SD card?
07-12-2016, 12:26 PM   #6
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by natureman55 Quote
basically refers to the read/write performance of the card. the class should be written inside a big "C" like you see on this class 10 card:

sorry for the size... not sure how to resize with the tags here.
07-12-2016, 12:50 PM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

See:
Comprehensive SD Card Guide for Photographers - Articles and Tips | PentaxForums.com

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-13-2016, 04:11 AM   #8

Original Poster
Thanks, I will have to look at my cards. I don't think I have had issue with every card. Something to consider.
07-13-2016, 04:49 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks, I will have to look at my cards. I don't think I have had issue with every card. Something to consider.

Might be worth checking your firmware version, the most recent update is V1.31 "Improved stability of recording image for some SDHC Memory card."

If you are not familiar with checking the firmware;

Switch your camera on whilst holding in the menu button and the camera rear screen will tell you what level the firmware is at.
07-14-2016, 03:37 AM   #10

Original Poster
Thanks for the helpful tip.