Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-02-2016, 12:06 PM - 1 Like   #16
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If you are handy you can open the mount and remove the lever and the shield and not harm them.

Do you have any friends with a mirrorless camera? Most of them can be adapted cheaply and don't have any interference issues. For example the m43 and NX and NEX platforms all work well with K or M42 lenses. I realize that's not a simple solution but it might be an easy trade, "Friend x - can I borrow your mirrorless camera while you play with my Canon 5d? " Many would say yes.

Sorry I don't have a simple solution - your asking is a good sign. Many would simply chop the lens and then realize too late what they had done.

08-02-2016, 02:37 PM   #17
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rangercarp Quote
If it were me, I would probably dremel off just enough of the tab to clear the mirror. If you do go with this approach, take a very small amount at a time so you do not remove any more than you need to. Be sure to clean up the cut edge as well so you don't have any small particles falling into your camera.
Have you tried this? I have not seen a K --> EOS adapter mounted up. If a compromise "cut" is possible, it would be a good thing. Mirror clearance on FF EOS, as with the FD mount that preceded it, has the reputation of being tight. Addendum: Clearance varies between camera models with differences in mirror length and whether the mirror hinge is articulated.

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 08-02-2016 at 02:45 PM.
08-02-2016, 07:56 PM   #18

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Have you tried this?
No, I haven't. Just suggesting what I would likely do if I were in the OP's position.