Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-05-2016, 06:00 AM   #16

Photos: Gallery
Yup, I'd say defective. I also have a SanDisk 32G SDHC UHS-I (Class 10) card and it's noticeably faster than my other two Kingston microSD cards (Class 10). Can't tell the difference in the camera, but once I plug it in to the PC it seems to be faster...

08-05-2016, 06:09 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thanks everyone for the help. I am not looking forward to the headache of trying to get an RMA
08-05-2016, 07:50 AM   #18
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kjphilippona Quote
I am not looking forward to the headache of trying to get an RMA
With Sandisk, I don't think you'll have a problem with them getting that RMA. They do stand behind their products.
08-08-2016, 05:05 PM   #19
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Oldbayrunner Quote
When you do be sure to select & use the Full (overwrite) Option selection. That way it will not only format but mark any bad sectors on the card.
One quick question, after full overwrite formatting with this software, do you format the card after installing in the camera?

08-09-2016, 05:52 AM   #20
Pentaxian

One quick question, after full overwrite formatting with this software, do you format the card after installing in the camera?
I dont think its necessary but I usually do.
08-09-2016, 06:05 AM   #21
Site Supporter

That's reason for not formatting in the camera. After you've used this software, you shouldn't need to format in the camera. Not saying you can't later but initially, I wouldn't.
08-09-2016, 07:09 AM   #22
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
With the card mounted in Windows you can right-click on the drive letter, choose 'properties', then 'tools' then click 'check' under error checking. It will scan for and try to fix any bad sectors or filesystem errors.
08-09-2016, 07:36 AM   #23
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks

09-18-2016, 08:30 AM   #24
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
With Sandisk, I don't think you'll have a problem with them getting that RMA. They do stand behind their products.
Well after a half dozen emails sending pictures and test results, I was issued an RMA including a shipping label. This was all good, but after they received the cards, it took another couple weeks and additional emails to get my replacement cards shipped. After receiving them a week later, I used SDformatter to format them , then ran a speed test using SanDisks recommended software, ATTODiskBenchmark. Both cards tested very low read/write speeds 45mbs read and 36mbs write, I'm not very happy with SanDisk at this time. I have re-contacted their CS and uploaded the test results, I think its time to find another

Last edited by kjphilippona; 09-19-2016 at 02:57 PM.
09-18-2016, 08:39 AM   #25
amateur dirt farmer...

I use these in both of my DSLRs with no issues at all:

Amazon.com: PNY Elite Performance 32 GB High Speed SDHC Class 10 UHS-I, U1 up to 95 MB/Sec Flash Card (P-SDH32U195-GE): Computers & Accessories
09-18-2016, 10:49 AM   #26
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I have used PNY cards before and also have had no problems, I shall give them a try again.
09-22-2016, 07:10 AM   #27
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Well i spent an hour last night with SanDisk Global Customer Care and their level 3 technician informed me that there was nothing wrong with my cards and the speed results were acceptiable for their Extreme Pro sdhc cards !
Attached Images

09-22-2016, 07:21 AM   #28
Pentaxian

I am no expert in this.. so take it with a grain of salt. I think the speed (read/write) of the SD card depends not only on the card itself (NAND flash) but also on the card reader. Sometimes, the bottle neck could be in the card reader, which is quite common in older equipment. The best result can be obtain if you can find a newer USB 3.0/3.1 SD card reader (possibly with UHS-II bus), that would probably give you better results than what is indicated here. Just a thought anyway.... I agree that your card is acceptable IMO. Another small point, the result indicated is in MB/sec not mb/sec (8 bits per byte).

Last edited by aleonx3; 09-22-2016 at 07:37 AM.