Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-20-2016, 02:12 PM   #16
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Zafar Iqbal Quote
No, I never import directly to LR. Always to HDD first, and then LR. I even have the card detection feature/open import dialog feature disabled.

I transfers using two Transcend USB 3.0 readers, plugged to a PCI-E board, which gives me USB 3.0.
Your practice mirrors my own with the exception that I plug my reader (Rosewell) into USB 3.0 on the motherboard. Sorry you are having this problem.

Steve

08-20-2016, 02:17 PM   #17
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Maybe a little off topic but I'm curious why anyone would not import to LR directly? Seems like double work. What is the reasoning behind doing it this way?
There are a couple of reasons. I do so to control exactly which files are copied without having to open a lot of files to extract thumbnails (LR is slow slow for this sort of thing). I also have a pre-processing step with ExifTool to write lens id and other metadata into the DNG before import.

Steve
08-20-2016, 02:28 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I also have a pre-processing step with ExifTool to write lens id and other metadata into the DNG before import.
Also a good reason.
I generally do not mind the slow import, I just hit import and go do something else. But sitting there watching it can get annoying.