Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-13-2016, 08:09 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Keeping the right time on a K100D Super.

I have been experiencing some difficulty with my K100D Super in that it seems to enjoy changing time on its own. I set the time on the camera this morning and kept the batteries in since I was planning on shooting soon. Low and behold, I checked out an image on my computer and the EXIF Data shows today's date, however it also shows the photo was taken tomorrow the 14th of August, 2016. I decided to double check the time on the camera and it did change the date. I went back and re-set the time and date and will wait and see what happens. I will also have to wait until tomorrow to upload the photo in this Forum. Any comments/suggestions/solutions are of course very welcome and appreciated. The batteries are fresh and still show a full power in the LCD.

Many thanks,

Antonio

08-13-2016, 08:49 PM   #2
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
Keeping the right time on a K100D Super.

Hi Antonio. The only thing that I can think of is that you have a time set for " home " and " destination " and have activated the incorrect one. I have both set to the same time unless I am travelling. I hope it is this problem as it is a very simple fix. Good luck.
08-13-2016, 10:00 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Is your camera's backup battery OK? Otherwise it will forget the time every time you take the main battery out.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-13-2016, 10:48 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Am/pm could have an impact...

08-14-2016, 12:20 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Am/pm could have an impact...
Uncle, you hit the nail right on the head. When setting the date, it defaults down to the time. I set the proper time, but could not figure out how to change from PM to Am, and vice versa. Finally, the light bulb came on and I just went around the clock until the proper setting turned up.

Thanks to everyone for your assistance.

Tony
08-14-2016, 12:58 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

just switch to 24hrs clock, much more reliable and convenient
08-14-2016, 01:58 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Is your camera's backup battery OK? Otherwise it will forget the time every time you take the main battery out.
I do get approximately 24 hrs., until the internal battery drops the time. So I believe what I will do is keep a set of Duracell AA Coppertop in the camera until I get ready to take off and then insert two CR-V3 Energizer Batteries. Very good batteries for the K100D Super.

Thanks a million for your help.

Antonio

---------- Post added 08-14-16 at 02:00 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by i_trax Quote
just switch to 24hrs clock, much more reliable and convenient
Excellent idea, thank you.

Antonio