Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-07-2016, 11:27 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
K-1 shutter release does not behave

Has anyone experienced the shutter release inconsistency? The AF locks on, but the shutter doesn't release. It has happened a number of times as if the camera is waiting for some parameter to fall into place, but I'm not sure what. Today when it happened I was in User2 mode which I have set up for landscape, and doing single shot, nothing fancy. I'll have another check of the release priority settings, but as I wrote, that doesn't seem to be the issue.

09-08-2016, 12:14 AM   #2

I get the same on my K-3 II but just assumed it was the cheap remote I was using. If someone can tell me any different though....
09-08-2016, 12:48 AM   #3
Forum Member

Hello ,

Get the same with my K1 set manual mode for a long exposure with a ND1000 filter...
09-08-2016, 01:52 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I dont have a K-1, but most of the time if the release priority is set to focus release the shutter will not release if the camera feels focus has not been archived.

Could this be the case?

09-08-2016, 03:07 AM   #5

Shutter release issue

I have had that problem. It could be it isn't set for release priority but the last time I found it i noticed that the last photo was taking a long time to write to the card, and I tried it using 3 different cards, and I assumed the buffer was full because of this. I did notice that I had set clarity up for photos and this seems to slow everything down since its doing some post processing to the photo. I assumed that this had caused the problem and haven't got anywhere with Pentax support providing a solution.
09-09-2016, 10:06 PM   #6

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I am thinking now that it is two issues. Photos take longer when they need in camera processing (like setting +1 clarity, for example) and I think I have a slow card and the camera takes a while to write before ready to shoot again.