Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-19-2016, 02:04 AM   #1

WhiteBalance mismatch when shifting from manual to Automatic (green) control

Hi Folks - Please help a beginner..

My K3 Pentax is 2 years old and have worked perfect so far. A new error has occured: When I take pics on Automatic (green), - pics er perfect and WhiteBalance (on AWB) also Works fine. However - on manuel setting (M, Sv, Tv Av) something goes wrong with WhiteBalance. Pics turns red, green, violet .... and it appears that WB/AWB is not able to Work at all. Is this an error in the sensor - or is i possible to correct the error with new or adjustede software. There is no "mismatch" or error indikation on screen.

Kind regards : VincentD - Verner Lynge

09-19-2016, 03:09 AM   #2
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Please check the custom image setting. If set to Cross Processing or some other funky setting you may get unexpected results. The default setting is Bright.

If all else fails, reset the camera to its factory settings in the Setup menu.
09-19-2016, 03:54 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yes, press Info or check the manual, and look for the Jpeg mode, Custom image settings, Cross processing, Digital filter (I'm not sure exactly what the names of these options are on your camera). These options can change the colours of your photos, sometimes subtle, sometimes big changes. I think there are three options that can affect the colours.
Factory reset is a good idea, but do it only after you tried everything else. You can also try updating the Firmware. This can sometimes cure a little hiccup. There are numerous threads and blog posts and even a youtube video about the firmware update, if you want to try.

Also, you can upload a photo or two, so that we can see the problem. Maybe then someone will have more ideas. We have had cases in the past where photos became all neon pink, and if I remember right those were caused by faulty SD card writing. Was a card problem. In worst case scenario, it could also be a sensor problem, but check everything else first. SD card or sensor problem is unlikely in this case, because it works correctly sometimes
09-19-2016, 11:49 AM   #4

Original Poster
Fixed - thanx for your help

Thankyou Guys
Tried your suggest - but in the end a reset was the best solution. I took a while to find all my settings Again - but now it Works fine Again. Never found out what the WRONG setting was - or just an error in the sensorSW - but reset and restart.
Again thanx for your help.

VincentD