Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-24-2016, 10:18 AM   #16
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
(QUOTE)
Lets see the camera is 9 yrs old, and I NEVER cleaned the autofocus sensor . Yes it was filthy. OK it is no big deal to do just take off the Lens ,use your finger nail to lift up the mirror and on the very bottom is the autofocus sensor . whilist holding the mirror out of the way use the lens wipe to clean it, DISCLAIMER DO IT AT YOU OWN RISK. Having said that it is no big deal. AND no you don't use the mirror lock up for this procedure.
(END QUOTE)

Looking at the camera I am struggling to locate the AF Sensor. Lift up the mirror and it just looks like the main sensor is behind (pic below hopefully). There is something down at 5 o'clock - is that it?

Attached Images

09-24-2016, 01:31 PM - 1 Like   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Robin CB Quote
Thanks Brian. I will have a play with the menu as well.

EDIT:

I have just checked my menu - AF Mode is greyed out and AF.S is alongside, but I don't seem to be able to change it.

My firmware is up to date (or as up to date as a K100D can be), so it looks like I luck out there.
What shooting mode are you on? Some of the modes will force the AF behavior, 'Sport' mode will force AF.C, 'Macro' and 'landscape' will force AF.S and probably others. Try putting it in "P" mode or any of the M, Av, Tv.

I've never cleaned the AF sensor on mine either, but it's pointed to in the photo here: K100DS_AF_Module.jpg Photo by RiceHigh | Photobucket.
09-24-2016, 03:28 PM   #18
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BrianR Quote
What shooting mode are you on? Some of the modes will force the AF behavior, 'Sport' mode will force AF.C, 'Macro' and 'landscape' will force AF.S and probably others. Try putting it in "P" mode or any of the M, Av, Tv.
Doh! Thank you for pointing that out Brian. So obvious now you mention it :-)

QuoteQuote:
I've never cleaned the AF sensor on mine either, but it's pointed to in the photo here: K100DS_AF_Module.jpg Photo by RiceHigh | Photobucket.
Thanks for this also Brian. Now to work out how to get something in there to clean it.
09-24-2016, 06:15 PM - 1 Like   #19
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have not done it not have I looked for it. I need to look in person at mine.