Show Printable Version 73 Likes Search this Thread
09-23-2016, 10:31 PM   #76
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Nik Effects
Once I download it how do I access it from LR?

---------- Post added 09-24-16 at 01:51 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Nik Effects from Google
Nevermind I found it. Thanks

09-24-2016, 08:59 AM - 1 Like   #77
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

After installing Nik Effects, go into Lightroom, select a photo to edit, and go to the Develop window. Right click in the photo image and there will be options for editing the image with different Nik Effects tools. Here's what that tool view looks like on my installation;
09-24-2016, 06:22 PM - 2 Likes   #78
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by micromacro Quote
how the photos come out after all this support.
A little better. Woow! AE Metering actually works?? Who knew......
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
10-05-2016, 08:10 PM - 1 Like   #79
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Did I say thanks?

All your advice went a long way. Thanks!!!

10-05-2016, 09:49 PM - 1 Like   #80
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
Well then I suggest you find photos that you DO find interesting and emulate, copy them. This will let you figure out what they are doing that you need to do, and then you can build on it.
That said, your photos are not garbage. They are decently detailed, focus is right, colours are there. Dunno what you want, but a photo of a resting goose can only be THAT exciting. To make it more exciting, you have to lie down, take it from an odd perspective, give the goose some food, have it interact with other geese, etc.

I think your problem is that you don't "touch" the subject. You don't interact with it, you don't position yourself for it. You walk around, see a duck, take a shot, continue walking. That is fine. But if you want a National Geographic type photo, you will have to spend an hour with that duck, day after day. And one time it will do something interesting, or there will be cool weather, or you will learn its habits and take the best photo possible. And this goes for PP as well - you can easily add more saturation, sharpening, contrast.

But again! Those photos are far from garbage. Just because they aren't at Ansel Adams level doesn't mean they are terrible.
This! I had basically the same post composed in my head.
10-06-2016, 03:01 AM   #81
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by donlass Quote
All your advice went a long way. Thanks!!!
I'm glad if it helped and nice image there as well.
10-12-2016, 02:31 PM   #82
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Still having issues with sharpness. Can't seem to quite get it down.

10-12-2016, 04:00 PM   #83
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
Well then I suggest you find photos that you DO find interesting and emulate, copy them. This will let you figure out what they are doing that you need to do, and then you can build on it.
That said, your photos are not garbage. They are decently detailed, focus is right, colours are there. Dunno what you want, but a photo of a resting goose can only be THAT exciting. To make it more exciting, you have to lie down, take it from an odd perspective, give the goose some food, have it interact with other geese, etc.

I think your problem is that you don't "touch" the subject. You don't interact with it, you don't position yourself for it. You walk around, see a duck, take a shot, continue walking. That is fine. But if you want a National Geographic type photo, you will have to spend an hour with that duck, day after day. And one time it will do something interesting, or there will be cool weather, or you will learn its habits and take the best photo possible. And this goes for PP as well - you can easily add more saturation, sharpening, contrast.

But again! Those photos are far from garbage. Just because they aren't at Ansel Adams level doesn't mean they are terrible.
This is true, photography can be slow, so very slow and quiet and watching, waiting, learning, knowing when to interact and when to blend into a background and being prepared to capture what happens next.
10-12-2016, 05:23 PM   #84
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Still having issues with sharpness. Can't seem to quite get it down.
Example with EXIF, Donlass?

10-12-2016, 09:06 PM   #85
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Example with EXIF
Oh i guess that explains that one.

Last edited by brightseal; 05-02-2017 at 07:41 PM.
10-12-2016, 09:47 PM   #86
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Umm, can you put up the SOOC?

This has been postprocessed heavily ... artifacts everywhere!
10-13-2016, 05:08 AM   #87
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
artifacts everywhere!
meaning?

Last edited by brightseal; 10-13-2016 at 02:05 PM.
10-13-2016, 05:37 AM - 1 Like   #88
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by micromacro Quote
Well, if someone does not like NJ, welcome to flat boring Florida!
I'm not picking on you, but just using your post as a kicking-off point from here in flat, boring Oklahoma. I was driving around a visitor from Massachusetts several years ago and decided to take her out onto the country roads surrounding my city. She said, "I can't believe it's so beautiful!" I looked out the window of the car, saw only dried up weeds, and said, "What?" She said, "THAT!" I looked again and said, "I'm not sure what you're talking about." She said, "You can see forever!" I said, "OH...well, yeah...you can definitely do that." Sometimes it takes someone with a fresh set of eyes to appreciate what we see every day and take for granted. I shot an interview with a well-known songwriter who had lived away from Oklahoma for many years and he said that he loved coming home to the prairie because it was like looking at the ocean. It gave him a sense of boundlessness and a feeling that anything might be possible. SO...sometimes we just need to change our mindset and view our everyday surroundings a little differently.
10-13-2016, 06:25 AM - 1 Like   #89
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

as a nearly-neighbor over here in Missouri, living right on the state-line with Kansas, I would agree (a bit) that the flatlands and prairies can bit monotonous at times - but the wiiiiiiiide vistas I can create are awesome....

sometimes a fresh set of eyes can remind us of the beauty in our everyday lives...
10-13-2016, 06:38 AM   #90

Five months ago I purchased a K3II. Never used a digital camera before save a little panasonic point and shoot thingy. So I thought to my self, "I said self, this is digital how hard can it be". My pics are horrid and I can't really understand why. After all it is digital, not like I have to think about what I'm doing, right? If I use full auto my pictures come out crappy and the same in M. I have pretty much a lens for any occasion. With all this nice equipment I'm starting to feel like it's not the equipment but rather some sort of a "user error". What gives? What am I missing?
not like I have to think about what I'm doing, right? If I use full auto my pictures come out crappy and the same in M. I have pretty much a lens for
Can you please post the camera settings in manual mode ? And what lens are you using ?