Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-25-2016, 07:14 AM   #1

Faulty screen on K-x

Have just received a K-x I won on Ebay. I am unable to get any display on the screen . Have studied the manual and canít see any way it can be turned off , so am asuuming it is faulty. Would appreciate comfirmation or otherwise from someone who knows the camera before I send it back. Pity as Iím very pleased with the pictures Iíve taken with it tyia, Regards , Mike

09-25-2016, 08:48 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Mike - have you tried pressing the INFO button (once, and if that doesn't work, twice)?

I'm not sure, but this may help:

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/2707042
09-25-2016, 09:40 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
As I have this camera and as it ended up on the floor several times, I can only say that the connector that takes the flex cable from the whole rear panel on the k-x is very easy to detach. It detached once when manipulating the camera with a heavy lens attached (Pentacon 4/300, 2,2kg).
I've opened my camera to attach this flex cable at least 5 times, last time i super-glued it in place, since then no problems, even though my daughter recently pulled it of the table on the tiles.
If you have the same issue, the light on the rear panel won't turn on when inserting sd card and the screen does not work at all. Also, if you have tools to measure the voltage on the battery, you will see that nothing is happening when pressing buttons on the rear panel. If it is just a dead screen, I've been seeing it online for as little as 16 euros.
If it is the connector issue, the repair will require that you take off the bottom, top and rear panels off, in order to reach the connector. The same stands for the screen replacement.
09-26-2016, 02:16 AM   #4

Original Poster
Many thanks for your replies. I have tried the various buttons as suggested and the screen still has no display. So will return it and try again.Although it takes very good photos I'm not sure that I like it. Lack of focus light and top LCD being the main reasons (I have a K100D). So may try a different model or stay as I am for now.
Thanks again , Mike